What would have been the 2013 Winter Classic Designs

Pizzaman7294

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think Detroit's current jerseys would look even better if they used that number font?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Would be interesting to see the sleeves on the jerseys. I like the logos though. Well done.

Apparently they'd be wearing their 1927 throwbacks. Considering what Detroit wore last time, and how the Leafs have avoided the fauxback trend, I think we'll see both teams wearing clean white.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So Leafs vs Wings at the Big House will probably be the 2014 Winter Classic right? Any chance the league would pick new teams and a new venue? Probably not, I would think.

I have season tickets to the Red Wings and bought Winter Classic tickets. The Red Wings sent out information where you could get a refund for the Winter Classic or just let them hang onto the money until next year's game. So, its's apparent, The Big House will host the game next year.

As for the uniform match up, I am hoping for a color on color game. Red vs. Blue would look great. As it is, they were going to divide the 100K+ stadium up (as far as ticket allotment goes) into the Leafs sections and the Wings sections and were going to promote wearing of the colors to make the stadium half red, half blue.

Nice to see that Toronto resisted the urge to go with the St. Pats throwbacks.

Why? That would have been awesome.

The St. Pats era, while part of the Leafs' lineage represents a sort of failed experiment. An attempt to brand themselves as a Celtic/Irish/Catholic-centric club, a hockey version of Celtic FC if you will. It didn't really take and they became the Maple Leafs, a team embraced across southwestern Ontario, and most of English Canada for decades. While the lineage of the St. Pats and Maple Leafs is one and the same the Leafs were the team that a nation got behind while the St. Pats were the team that didn't even really appeal to the demographic they were pandering to.

Also Maple Leafs vs Red Wings is a great historical rivalry. St. Pats vs Red Wings was never even a thing.

Plus there's the fact that the Leafs were chosen for this game because of their widespread appeal. The Toronto Maple Leafs brand is very strong. Why dilute it with a uniform set so far removed from the look the brand is known for?

..the Leafs were chosen for this game because of their widespread appeal. The Toronto Maple Leafs brand is very strong. Why dilute it with a uniform set so far removed from the look the brand is known for?

So true. The Wings and Leafs have a rich history going back to The Original Six days. Plus, with Toronto only being a 5 hour drive to Ann Arbor, it's a natural fit. The demand for tickets in the Detroit-Ann Arbor area and Toronto was off the charts.

..the Leafs were chosen for this game because of their widespread appeal. The Toronto Maple Leafs brand is very strong. Why dilute it with a uniform set so far removed from the look the brand is known for?

So true. The Wings and Leafs have a rich history going back to The Original Six days. Plus, with Toronto only being a 5 hour drive to Ann Arbor, it's a natural fit. The demand for tickets in the Detroit-Ann Arbor area and Toronto was off the charts.

Exactly. And I would wager that a big part of going to this game would be see the Red Wings and Maple Leafs looking like the Red Wings and Maple Leafs, even in throwback/fauxback form.

Archived