Miami Dolphins Redesign

mattwillcox

I think this is great, but I have 3 gripes/concerns:

-The dorsal fin: It looks cut up on the back.

-The stripes: I think it is too orange heavy on white.

-The double aqua: I think there is an NFL rule stating that a team can only have 1 unique color in their color scheme. (Tell me if I'm wrong.)

Also one last thing, where can I find a vector version of those Revo Speed helmets (on the left)? I've been looking for those in the SVG and other template threads to no avail (unless I've been overlooking).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

-The double aqua: I think there is an NFL rule stating that a team can only have 1 unique color in their color scheme. (Tell me if I'm wrong.)

Teams can have as many colors as they want in their logo, and their jerseys may only have colors from their official team colors. For an example, take the Seahawks. They had two shades of blue and lime green, all of which are "unique". http://www.colorwerx...11_SCC_SRGB.png

EDIT: And by the way, love the logo! So much better than the leaked.

Very good job with the primary logo, and I love the number font. The only thing I'd do different is have a script with more character. Also, the number font with the double-outline is unnecessary on the road if it's not on the home, but that's actually a personal preference. In a vacuum, the road look is very good.

Very good job with the primary logo, and I love the number font. The only thing I'd do different is have a script with more character. Also, the number font with the double-outline is unnecessary on the road if it's not on the home, but that's actually a personal preference. In a vacuum, the road look is very good.

Ya, I was having a lot of trouble deciding on what to do with the script. I'd like to work up something custom, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. There actually is a double outline on all of the numbers, but the silver isn't very prominent when next to the white. I think I'm going to either completely ditch the silver or make the double outline more prominent on the aqua and orange jerseys, not sure which one yet though.

And thanks for all of the kind words guys, I should have a small update up soon.

*EDIT

Here's the updated logo and uniforms. I fixed up the dorsal fin and changed up the double outline on the numbers.

Also, here's a link to the helmet template DolphinManatee http://www.mediafire.com/?fzp90nvt92v2zzv

Update%20-1_o.png

Really strong primary logo and I think you nailed the uniforms with that update.

One small issue...on the primary logo, I think the front pectoral fin should overlap the white belly stripe.

I'd also love to see it without the gray. I think it would be just as strong, maybe even more so.

Great work.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

OUTSTANDING!

The "sun" has always bothered me on the Dolphins logo. I don't even think I knew it was the sun until I got to these boards. This goes a long way toward solving that problem. Love the new Dolphin with the less detailed face.

I am in the minority in that I think the concept that has been floating out there is an upgrade, but this is much better in that it probably does not offend so many that don't want to see a large change. And I can only hope they go this route with the uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Your colors, logo and execution are all fantastic, but this reminds me too much of Auburn.

What about a green helmet? The Dolphin's shade of green is unique but for some reason every single Dolphins concept seems stuck on the white lids.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived