Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first entry to this thread (because I found something), but I found two 1980s-era BC Lions jerseys (one orange, one white) for a combined $7.50 after tax! :D One's of Kevin Konar, the other is of 'Swervin'' Mervyn Fernandez. :D

EDIT: Here's a pic:

100_1785_zps66259385.jpg

UBwef0L.png

Lunch hour time waster at the local SA garnered these 2 gems for under 6 bucks total. The 12 yr old Magic McGrady jersey has original tags from NBA store in NYC, with some writing on them. Also has side zippers at bottom. The Miles Clippers jersey is sweet as well. Someones mom/wife emptied their "worthless" jerseys. I'll gladly take them.

8366576258_3093bd545f_o.jpg

Last week I found a current-style extra large road Cavs jersey. JJ Hickson. Not an authentic but it has sewn on lettering and numbers.

I had to get it, JJ was one my favorites, and it was only $12.99.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Last week I found a current-style extra large road Cavs jersey. JJ Hickson. Not an authentic but it has sewn on lettering and numbers.

nice find. where'd you get it?

spacer.png

nice find. where'd you get it?

TJ Maxx in Toledo, OH area.

Sorry, meant to include that haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Pro: picked up a sweet championship sweater from 1993 yesterday, looks brand new, and cost a paltry $2.

Con: it's a Florida State 1993 National Champions sweater.

224521_470951369620637_129188857_n.jpg

Yeah, this one was purchased for the sole purpose of giving to whichever one of my three 'Nole-loving brothers wants it the most.

That said, I've rarely dabbled in the world of thrifting for items, until I started doing more research in recent months. Given my OCD-laden nature, this might become a new favourite past-time.

spacer.png

Archived