Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackBolt3

2014 ACC Women's Basketball Tournament Logo

8 posts in this topic

If you haven't seen the 2013 ACC Women's Basketball Tournament logo, look it up. Then you'll understand this concept. Im trying to apply my concepts to real life, so I included a billboard and a ticket sample.

ACCWBT2_zpsdd314292-1_zps9e925517.jpg

ACCWBTAd_zps3a56b207.png

ACCWBTTicket_zpsb9b8cdf3.png

I like the start. The "GSO" abbreviation isn't that good though. A lot of people would probably have a tough time figuring out what GSO is.

I like the start. The "GSO" abbreviation isn't that good though. A lot of people would probably have a tough time figuring out what GSO is.

It took me awhile.

Psst... you misspelled "tournament" on the logo.

I like the "GSO" abbreviation... but then again, uh, I live here. It's used a lot. However, the ACC Women's Basketball tournament has been held in Greensboro every year since 2000. If people are interested in buying tickets for it, I'm pretty sure they're familiar enough as to where it's going to be held. Greensboro is also the most populous U.S. city to start with "G"... for your random trivia fact of the day.

The "horn" effect on the basketball, despite looking like a sweet Viking hat - I can't unsee it. Maybe a thin navy blue line around the basketball? Or changing the "horn" to light blue?

All in all, I think it's a very good concept and much better than the one I Googled. Yuck.

Thanks guys. I'm going to fix my spelling, and will make adjustments to the "Viking horns". I'll probably end up making logos for FanFest, ACC Legends and the whatnot. I had a lot of ideas I scrapped.

Updates! Fixed spelling and changed "horns" to blue.

ACCWBT2_zps16cadc48.png

ACCWBTAd_zps798a32fd.png

ACCWBTTicket_zpsaca66ecc.png

ACCWBTFanFest_zps55390811.png

ACCWBTLegends_zps673cf817.png