2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The lockout is over, and the Dallas news has a report on a new uniform for the Stars in 2013-2014. Due to the lockout, they had to get an extension on when they had to have their design in, which the NHL granted:

http://starsblog.dal...the-stars.html/

Among the key points:

1. They are drastically different from the current look.

2. There will be a new logo.

3. Green is the dominant color.

Green! (dance)

70389454.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, with Dallas current look, I figure they need a new look. Correct me if I'm wrong but with the exception of the Islander's black 3rd, that's the only set that do numbers on the front right?

They are the only ones with front numbers that prominent.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Hmm, with Dallas current look, I figure they need a new look. Correct me if I'm wrong but with the exception of the Islander's black 3rd, that's the only set that do numbers on the front right?

Are you including teams with front numbers at the shoulder level?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nah just the front, I also think someone else on the boards posted this for the Winter Classic since it may get moved to 2014 this could be a hint of what Detroit & Toronto could wear.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-05-at-3.14.37-PM.png

EDIT:

Also Buffalo will have a new 3rd...

Black said he expects the team to unveil a new, third jersey for the 2013-2014 season. Yes, it will be blue-and-gold and feature the team's beloved original logo. What else is on the jersey is still being determined.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2012/9/4/sabres-and-stars-plan-looks-for-2013.html

baltimoreravens.png

The Sabres and Sharks both have numbers on the front, but they're not quite as prominent a part of the design as they are on the Stars' jerseys and the Islanders' third.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Can any of our "inside" people (I believe ColeJ mentioned he had a source) tell us whether it's a drastic logo change, or if it stays true to the same general concept of the current one?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Can any of our "inside" people (I believe ColeJ mentioned he had a source) tell us whether it's a drastic logo change, or if it stays true to the same general concept of the current one?

I can't see why they'd stray to far from the logo, it's a strong enough logo to build a brand around, and has association with the Stanley Cup.

untitled-6.jpg

If only the Stars had some source they could draw upon for inspiration.. something from their past, maybe... Oh, hey:

preview_695_68497.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

in 1996 (first FULL season after 1st lockout) the NHL debuted a bunch of new 3rd jerseys. Out side of a few throwbacks in the early 90's this was the NHL's first attempt at them.

In 2007 (2 years after a full season lost) the NHL completely re did their jerseys with Reebok.

I wonder if they will do something big again this time.

from what i've heard ,there will be nothing related to livestock or anything to make it a "western" themed identity, since that's a real sore spot with the fans.

i'm writing an article tonight for defendingbigd.com that is going to summarize what rumors there are and what has been confirmed by the organization and the mainstream media about the new look.

from what i gather, the logo is going to be a very familiar italic star (since that's been around since the franchise's inception in 1967) with a Big D overlayed. I've yet to see it, and I can't go into full details because I promised everyone I've talked to that I won't... but enough mainstream sources have mentioned the changes now that it's safe to say what i expect to see once the new look is unveiled.

from what i've heard ,there will be nothing related to livestock or anything to make it a "western" themed identity, since that's a real sore spot with the fans.

i'm writing an article tonight for defendingbigd.com that is going to summarize what rumors there are and what has been confirmed by the organization and the mainstream media about the new look.

from what i gather, the logo is going to be a very familiar italic star (since that's been around since the franchise's inception in 1967) with a Big D overlayed. I've yet to see it, and I can't go into full details because I promised everyone I've talked to that I won't... but enough mainstream sources have mentioned the changes now that it's safe to say what i expect to see once the new look is unveiled.

Sounds like maybe the logo might be inspired by the old North Stars logo. Without giving too much away, does any part of the uniform draw inspiration from that look?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

i certainly hope so. like i said, i haven't seen anything. just heard from about 10 reliable sources at various levels of involvement.

really wish i knew more. i'd kill to see it.

If only the Stars had some source they could draw upon for inspiration.. something from their past, maybe... Oh, hey:

preview_695_68497.jpg

That's not a bad direction if the Stars end up dropping black.

This was one of my favorite concepts when it debuted, and it's one of my favorite concepts now:

DAL-Third.png

The least that the Stars can do is to use that "D-Star" logo; it's such an homage to the Minnesota North Stars while at the same time being something fresh and new.

FWIW, I did a concept that blended the soon-to-be-former set and the late 1990s/2000s "star-patterned" sets (shameless plug alert):

4994005495_ce5dd2c743_b.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived