2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe that would work more on the white one. Anyone can photoshop it just to see what it would look like?

A bonus change to Buffalo as well...

canes_zpsbf712bb5.png

Now that I've seen the Sabres without piping and front numbers, their current jerseys will never get a pass from me again. That looks astounding! Carolina still looks awful though I'm afraid.

Does anybody actually think the weird piping on the Sabres jerseys are good?

Just the guy at Reebok that came up with the idea. For that matter, they don't need the silver/gray, either. There are good uniforms there underneath all the useless junk. The silver is like the powder blue outline on the Chargers lightning bolt or the navy blue on the Bills numbers... it just muddies things up.

The more I look at these photos, the less I like the layout. As you can see in the first image, some people in the bottom left basically have to look behind them to see the goal. Also, some other photos show the players taking the ice from one end of the rink, rather than from behind the bench. At to that the known problems of an un-centred screen and the lack of seats at the one end, and it becomes abundantly clear this is not a hockey arena.

It would be annoying to have seats at that end, whether on the side or behind the net, although some spots I guess aren't actually seats.

Definitely not built for hockey.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If you want to do it properly, then yes the Canes' home jerseys should have some black in them if you want to use black pants. But nothing is done properly all the time and the black pants look stronger than the red, regardless of if there is a lack of black in the jersey or not. It still looks better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Just the guy at Reebok that came up with the idea. For that matter, they don't need the silver/gray, either. There are good uniforms there underneath all the useless junk. The silver is like the powder blue outline on the Chargers lightning bolt or the navy blue on the Bills numbers... it just muddies things up.

I think the designers didn't have any care about looks, when they came up with the jersey. The jerseys were still going to sell, and they just went along with the RBK template they were given.

Now that I've seen the Sabres without piping and front numbers, their current jerseys will never get a pass from me again.

Maybe it should be included in your sig now. :)

181495916_slide.jpg

181480326_slide.jpg

No seats behind the net on this end

181496429_slide.jpg

More here: http://islanders.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=38311&location=/photos&pg=1

EDIT: The more I look at these photos, the less I like the layout. As you can see in the first image, some people in the bottom left basically have to look behind them to see the goal. Also, some other photos show the players taking the ice from one end of the rink, rather than from behind the bench. At to that the known problems of an un-centred screen and the lack of seats at the one end, and it becomes abundantly clear this is not a hockey arena.

They'll probably change when the Isles will move there. If not, that's gonna be weird

they've said they're going to make changes to the arena to make it more hockey friendly now that hey have a 30 year commitment from the Islanders.

I think you'll most likely see movable bleachers put onto the one side of the ice so they can 'center" the rink a bit more to take away the obstructed view on the side with the over-hanging porch.

I like the addition of silver. Looks great with Gold and Navy. Just ditch the piping and pit stains.

Now that I've seen the Sabres without piping and front numbers, their current jerseys will never get a pass from me again.

Maybe it should be included in your sig now. :)

That and a few other jerseys currently being worn. Signature focusses on the class of 2007 for now :)

Saw this concept for a Coyotes shoulder patch logo on HF Boards:

418l.jpg

Leaping Coyote alone is boring, but as the horizontal line on the A would be a great shoulder logo. Also includes an alternative shoulder logo with the PHX replaced with Arizona.

I think the logo on the left is strong enough to be the main crest. Certainly would be an improvement over the howling coyote.

Saw this concept for a Coyotes shoulder patch logo on HF Boards:

418l.jpg

Leaping Coyote alone is boring, but as the horizontal line on the A would be a great shoulder logo. Also includes an alternative shoulder logo with the PHX replaced with Arizona.

Yeah, that works. It's not really a huge improvement but it's just as strong IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The A logo is OK. The Arizona outline one is a mess.

--

Ducks third jersey schedule is out. Interestingly in addition to the typical 15 games, it's got two more dates for the special jerseys, one for Throwback Night and the other for the outdoor game. Is this something other teams normally do with third jersey schedules?

For what it's worth, the trailer for the LA Stadium Series game focused heavily on both the Ducks in their thirds and the Kings in their road whites. Whether that's any indication of what kind of jerseys they'll use or if it's just coincidence, we'll see in time. But we already have a rough idea on what the Ducks might be wearing, and I still reckon the Kings could be going with a Gretzky era white throwback.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The A logo is OK. The Arizona outline one is a mess.

--

Ducks third jersey schedule is out. Interestingly in addition to the typical 15 games, it's got two more dates for the special jerseys, one for Throwback Night and the other for the outdoor game. Is this something other teams normally do with third jersey schedules?

For what it's worth, the trailer for the LA Stadium Series game focused heavily on both the Ducks in their thirds and the Kings in their road whites. Whether that's any indication of what kind of jerseys they'll use or if it's just coincidence, we'll see in time. But we already have a rough idea on what the Ducks might be wearing, and I still reckon the Kings could be going with a Gretzky era white throwback.

i dont know what the kings will wear, but i really dont see the ducks wearing anything other than their mighty duck unis

Rumours say it will basically be a black, gold and orange Mighty Ducks jersey. That's as much as we know. It's all being kept under wraps so we won't know for certain until it's revealed.

Given that it's likely a nationally televised game and not a Ducks-specific throwback event, there's no reason they'd want to wear anything but the colour scheme they use now.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Rumours say it will basically be a black, gold and orange Mighty Ducks jersey. That's as much as we know. It's all being kept under wraps so we won't know for certain until it's revealed.

Given that it's likely a nationally televised game and not a Ducks-specific throwback event, there's no reason they'd want to wear anything but the colour scheme they use now.

Well, the Penguins did it in the 2008 Winter Classic when they wore their powder blue, so i don't see why Anaheim wouldn't do it

Archived