2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Rumours say it will basically be a black, gold and orange Mighty Ducks jersey. That's as much as we know. It's all being kept under wraps so we won't know for certain until it's revealed.

Given that it's likely a nationally televised game and not a Ducks-specific throwback event, there's no reason they'd want to wear anything but the colour scheme they use now.

Well, the Penguins did it in the 2008 Winter Classic when they wore their powder blue, so i don't see why Anaheim wouldn't do it

and you could technically say the same thing about the bruins with yellow and brown for the winter classic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for the Flyers back then, it was an excuse to introduce a new road jersey. Much like the Pens using both Winter Classic jerseys as thirds. Given the speculation of Anaheim's current third eventually becoming the new home uniform, I think they'll follow suit and make the outdoor game jersey the new third in a year's time.

...Which I've likely already said a few pages back.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Saw this picture on Sportsnet.ca. My, how far we've come.

nhl_unpredictable640.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

America West Arena was never meant to hold hockey, they were talking about hockey possibilities in Brooklyn since construction.

It's far easier to put a basketball team in a hockey area, than vice versa. All arenas built in North America should not solely have basketball in mind first

But the viewing experience for basketball is vastly improved in Brooklyn, Phoenix and San Antonio.

The two court sizes are just too different to really work together. But wholly separate arenas does seem like quite a waste in every way.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Wonder if the Hawks are going to do that Championship Banner Patch that the Kings and Bruins have done previously.

Patches? That's amateur hour. We celebrate with Centrally Coordinated LED Wristbands, baby!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Saw this picture on Sportsnet.ca. My, how far we've come.

nhl_unpredictable640.jpg

What's your point?

Everything's turning square?

Look at each team's respective original Edge looks. (I know Washington hasn't changed, but still, Dallas and Philly make up for that)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Few random thoughts now that I've seen all the new jerseys in action (save buffalo's third)...

Dallas might just be the best looking team in the league... Every time I see either of those jerseys, they somehow manage to look better.

Carolina's new look has really grown on me. I don't like losing the warning flag striping but the jerseys definitely look better without those clunky, tapered sleeve stripes and those ridiculous phantom yokes.

The Sharks look ridiculous. It's like they went in a time machine back to 2007 and received design tips from Tampa Bay...

Brett Yormark tells Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal that the Islanders' new third jersey in Brooklyn will, in fact, be black and white. He also mentions that strong negative feedback from fans made him backpedal on overhauling the team's primary look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Going back to the last page and the photos of jerseys for a second, I don't think the Flyers' first Edge uniforms were bad, honestly. Give them an orange version of that instead of black and relegate the black to an alternate and you've got a great modern look that doesn't go overboard. I'm not complaining about what they've got now (besides the nameplate nonsense) but that Edge set had some potential.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Going back to the last page and the photos of jerseys for a second, I don't think the Flyers' first Edge uniforms were bad, honestly. Give them an orange version of that instead of black and relegate the black to an alternate and you've got a great modern look that doesn't go overboard. I'm not complaining about what they've got now (besides the nameplate nonsense) but that Edge set had some potential.

I felt like the Flyers' Edge jersey was a good moden riff on their '70s look. Like you, I just wished they went with an orange jersey instead of black. But then they went full-throwback with their look and switched to a safety-cone shade of orange. The Flyers look worse now than they did at the Edge rollout, which is impressive in a perverse way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived