2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flyers first edge jerseys were absolutely atrocious... especially the side view. What is that even supposed to be?

dn94.jpg

Funny that you'd use that picture and not bring up how awful the Pens' template still is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Flyers first edge jerseys were absolutely atrocious... especially the side view. What is that even supposed to be?

dn94.jpg

Funny that you'd use that picture and not bring up how awful the Pens' template still is.

I think we all know and all agree how bad the Pens' template is, it can go unsaid at this point, it's that bad and been around that long.

The Flyers' edge sets could have been good...but the template had too many weird things going on. That sleeve action is exactly what doomed it. The

Phantoms did an orange version for a brief time...it looked better, simply because it was orange, but it still didn't look good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

dn94.jpg

Wings

From the Ducks' post game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqyLksRX3u4

The outline around the webbed "D" sure looks eggplant to me. The gold looks quite different too.

I thought so too. Actually looks good.

sig.png

Going back to the last page and the photos of jerseys for a second, I don't think the Flyers' first Edge uniforms were bad, honestly. Give them an orange version of that instead of black and relegate the black to an alternate and you've got a great modern look that doesn't go overboard. I'm not complaining about what they've got now (besides the nameplate nonsense) but that Edge set had some potential.

***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

D5d5h3T.png

You can't tell me this doesn't look better than their current uniform, with its nearly-white-on-white sleeve numbers, contrasting nameplate, and a sickly shade of orange.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Going back to the last page and the photos of jerseys for a second, I don't think the Flyers' first Edge uniforms were bad, honestly. Give them an orange version of that instead of black and relegate the black to an alternate and you've got a great modern look that doesn't go overboard. I'm not complaining about what they've got now (besides the nameplate nonsense) but that Edge set had some potential.

I felt like the Flyers' Edge jersey was a good moden riff on their '70s look. Like you, I just wished they went with an orange jersey instead of black. But then they went full-throwback with their look and switched to a safety-cone shade of orange. The Flyers look worse now than they did at the Edge rollout, which is impressive in a perverse way.

The Flyers Edge uniform was a fail in several ways.

1. The sleeves tapered in to the neck line instead of being straight, which created a "little black dress" effect on the black jersey, and just an awkward look on the white.

2. The black piping was just that - piping, instead of thicker ribbon trim like before. It didn't balance well against the logo. Honestly, having no black trim looks better to me than having too thin black trim.

3. The Flyers "thing" has always been having orange or white sleeves. The Edge jerseys were basically orange or white shoulders, since the thing on the wrist came up to at least the elbow.

4. No hem stripe, though this isn't that big a deal since it would have been black against the black pants anyway (but maybe could've avoided the diaper effect.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

D5d5h3T.png

You can't tell me this doesn't look better than their current uniform, with its nearly-white-on-white sleeve numbers, contrasting nameplate, and a sickly shade of orange.

It's true the Flyers jerseys could use an outline and a tweak here and there. However, a few posts back, someone pointed on how awful is the side view of the sleeves. So fix the awful looking spiky end, and then maybe it will be a step up over the current ones.

The outline around the webbed "D" sure looks eggplant to me. The gold looks quite different too.

ceyYsdE.png

1651_anaheim_ducks-primary-2014.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That's just the lighting.

As for the Sharks, if any good news comes for the new uniforms, isn't it the old ones now becoming way cheaper? Sportschek sells outdated designs from like, $30-60.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

D5d5h3T.png

Yes I can. Only thing wrong with the current flyers jerseys are the nameplates. I'll even go as far as to call them one of the best looking teams in the league right now. Also your shade of orange looks no different from what is currently used.

D5d5h3T.png

Yes I can. Their current uniform is a throwback to the best the Flyers have ever looked and there's a very good reason for the contrasting nameplates. Also, they've been using the same shade of orange since the 1999-2000 season.

Oh, wait, I forgot, you hate anything remotely traditional and/or conservative.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

D5d5h3T.png

Yes I can. Their current uniform is a throwback to the best the Flyers have ever looked and there's a very good reason for the contrasting nameplates. Also, they've been using the same shade of orange since the 1999-2000 season.

Oh, wait, I forgot, you hate anything remotely traditional and/or conservative.

what is the purpose of the contrasting nameplate, it's not needed, just looks bad.

You don't need to go back to the awful edge 1.0 jerseys to fix the one problem with their current set - the contrasting nameplates.

Just fix the nameplates and those uniforms are perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

*looks at sleeve numbers*

Perfect, you say?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived