2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

This is where I'd like them to go back to:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I liked the second generation of Flyers uniforms a little more.

As for the contrasting nameplates, the white nameplates name sense. The black ones with white letters don't at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was watching highlights last week and saw the Sharks new away uniforms. I actually thought for a second I was watching highlights from last year! When SJ wears white they now look like The 2008-2012 Stars. Yikes.

It's not good, man. Not good at all. That's why i disagreed with a poster earlier who liked these more than the home...Dunno how. The home at least is a pretty color.

Going back to the last page and the photos of jerseys for a second, I don't think the Flyers' first Edge uniforms were bad, honestly. Give them an orange version of that instead of black and relegate the black to an alternate and you've got a great modern look that doesn't go overboard. I'm not complaining about what they've got now (besides the nameplate nonsense) but that Edge set had some potential.

I felt like the Flyers' Edge jersey was a good moden riff on their '70s look. Like you, I just wished they went with an orange jersey instead of black. But then they went full-throwback with their look and switched to a safety-cone shade of orange. The Flyers look worse now than they did at the Edge rollout, which is impressive in a perverse way.

The Flyers Edge uniform was a fail in several ways.

1. The sleeves tapered in to the neck line instead of being straight, which created a "little black dress" effect on the black jersey, and just an awkward look on the white.

2. The black piping was just that - piping, instead of thicker ribbon trim like before. It didn't balance well against the logo. Honestly, having no black trim looks better to me than having too thin black trim.

3. The Flyers "thing" has always been having orange or white sleeves. The Edge jerseys were basically orange or white shoulders, since the thing on the wrist came up to at least the elbow.

4. No hem stripe, though this isn't that big a deal since it would have been black against the black pants anyway (but maybe could've avoided the diaper effect.)

Better? (Orangeville Flyers, OJHL)

zsIMG_8215.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

According to the Sabres website, the Capes will debut on November 24th, and will be worn for 10 games.

I am almost certain that the team President's hands were tied. To avoid a fine from the league, he'll just go with it, and get those 10 games over with ASAP. The Capes will be gone as soon as they no longer have to wear them.

After reading this interview, the only question that comes in my mind is What the hell do they smoke in Buffalo?!

Cigars lit by the rolled up dollar bills generated by all of the rebrands? Sure they suck but people bought the Slug and I'm sure someone will buy the 3rd.

I was watching highlights last week and saw the Sharks new away uniforms. I actually thought for a second I was watching highlights from last year! When SJ wears white they now look like The 2008-2012 Stars. Yikes.

It's not good, man. Not good at all. That's why i disagreed with a poster earlier who liked these more than the home...Dunno how. The home at least is a pretty color.
Yeah, both are bland overall, but at least the home is a unique color in teal, so it can get away with that. Like I've said the white is bland and a ripoff of Dallas.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Here's a close-up of the "Hockey fights Cancer" logos that every team wears on the back of the helmets (in lieu of the NHL shield logo) for the month of October.

183009060_slide.jpg

The NFL needs to take note of this.

Not pink out. General cancer fighting, not just one kind.

Thank you NHL.

2ly2w09.jpg

Amazing how much lighter the teal looks without the black yolk. Color really pops now

Sadly, my fears came true....speaking of colors popping, the amazing victory green chosen by the Stars STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL looks dull with the lighting/arena conditions unless shown on close-ups. During typical longshots of rushes, it looks borderline dark green (the Wild's green sweater looks almost a tick below black on NBCSN.) My concern was poo-pooed before the jerseys were revealed, but I watch A TON of hockey and highlights. I use GCL, and I know how arenas / lighting looks. Dallas's is always muddy. Not the worst, but it's dark, and it doesn't show you how bright and amazing the jerseys are... ANNOYING!

Amazing how much lighter the teal looks without the black yolk. Color really pops now

Sadly, my fears came true....speaking of colors popping, the amazing victory green chosen by the Stars STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL looks dull with the lighting/arena conditions unless shown on close-ups. During typical longshots of rushes, it looks borderline dark green (the Wild's green sweater looks almost a tick below black on NBCSN.) My concern was poo-pooed before the jerseys were revealed, but I watch A TON of hockey and highlights. I use GCL, and I know how arenas / lighting looks. Dallas's is always muddy. Not the worst, but it's dark, and it doesn't show you how bright and amazing the jerseys are... ANNOYING!

Dull? They look great in this photo. Especially with the contrast of the Panthers red:

1382435_10151925449975928_1649921453_n.j

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yes, I would consider that a close-up shot. When just shown in typical action, look at the highlights below, it's not nearly as impressive:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020012

Maybe dull's the wrong word. It's definitely darker...sort of a sickly color when it's darkened...These jerseys should SPARKLE on tv, and they really don't...It doesn't pop the way the Whalers old jersey (their away jersey back in the day) would in away arenas on TV.

Dallas : Brighten it up, guys !

Minnesota's really almost does look a notch below black or the darkest green possible unless shown in close-up.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020011&navid=sb:recap

Archived