2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

First reaction: Ew.

Second reaction: The flaming C is waaaaaay too close to the script, they're nearly attached. The shoulder patch is nice, but oh so dated.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be all for putting the shoulder patch on the front, and a red Flaming C on the shoulders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My first reaction is meh. It's not great, it's not bad.

I showed this to my dad, who is a Flames fan and who isn't a jersey guy like us besides what I show him, and he thought they looked similar to the home. It is basically the same jersey, but with a yoke and the striping on it's side.

IEI5Tg1.png

It's a true third jersey: it's different, new logos, new-ish striping patterns, different look...without totally getting away from the brand *cough*Buffalo*cough*

I don't dislike it...but I can't say I'm wowed by it either. Maybe it'll grow on me. It's certainly not a bad looking jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It's a bad wordmark anyway. Always had a late-'90s extreme sports feel to me. I'd prefer something closer to the old lettering from the '80s sweaters, which I suspect is more or less just Cooper Black:

Blues09.png

Though using that on the front of the sweater itself was terrible, let the record show.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Dropped in on the Sharks game to see how they looked in action, and while I don't find myself missing the black yoke, they do look silly without hem stripes. At least they seemed fast.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Say what you want about free tshirts and empty seats, there's no question Dallas Stars fans are getting behind this new shade of green. I don't know of any fans that don't love the new uniforms, other than idiots on the official facebook status updates... and the arena is filled with benn/lehtonen/seguin shirseys and green sweaters.

then there's this guy...

20131003_kdl_an4_180.0_standard_709.0.jp

The Flames new secondary crest is similar to the Alberta flag. Mountains and wheat fields. Interesting, and with the C and the F interlocked and forming one of the mountains.

Hopefully the shoulders are just poor renderings for the video game, they seem much too thick.

This is likely the jersey the team president pulled back after getting league approval a few years back. With the floods, and the announcement of a new building in the month ahead, the civic pride aspect makes this more likely to be released.

Hopefully the name and number font change significantly too.

New socks? Same pants though.

Don't mind it either way, expectations were tempered when it was mentioned that it would be a word mark. It is an alternate jersey.

The primary set will get redone in the next 3 years, with a nod to the retros this is replacing.

The Flames need a bit of a re-brand. Keep the "C" and the colours, and ditch everything else. The idea of a horse secondary logo was good, it was just purely executed.

Outside the Alberta flag on the jersey, there is nothing about the teams look the identify's with the city.

Archived