2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be quite honest I never liked the Mighty Ducks logo as a kid, and I still to this day prefer the alternate Nike set to the regular set.

That being said, I'd be cool with them bringing back the old purple uniforms as a full time alternate once they move the current alternates to, I would hope, full-time status as homes (which a matching away, of course)

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Why does everyone like the Ducks alternate??? Just put the 'D' logo on the home and away and put some sharp shoulder patches. The current alternate looks silly.

You can actually SEE the orange on those sweaters. Anaheim's regular home kit is a dud, and it's a shame, because I'm almost always a sucker for black/orange or such type color schemes.

spacer.png

IMO, put the D on the current home and it works fine. I don't agree with the bland colours opinion a lot of people have. I think it's quite a smart looking set. Just lose the wordmark.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

As a Ducks fan, I'd like to see a new template, and I'd like to see the "D" used as the crest. That's all I ask. There have been some good concepts (from Wildwing64, etc.) that I'd cool with. (sorry, too lazy to find and post them at the moment)

Team store is especially nice and big. Thank god for that. They actually added a full NHL section. And those Stars jerseys in person on the rack, drool.

From what I've seen in the pictures, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff, that I want to buy. Hopefully I'll be able to check the new store out Sunday.

Some sweet Mighty Ducks toques.

Perfect for socal.

They work well for those awful, awful 58 degree December nights.

To be quite honest I never liked the Mighty Ducks logo as a kid, and I still to this day prefer the alternate Nike set to the regular set.

That being said, I'd be cool with them bringing back the old purple uniforms as a full time alternate once they move the current alternates to, I would hope, full-time status as homes (which a matching away, of course)

I personally would HATE to see the current alternates become the primary uniforms. Like Oddball said, the added orange is great, but the design of the jersey is terrible. That side :censored: is bad (and looked bad for the Sabres back in the day too), the phantom yoke is horrible, and the shoulder logo is uninspired.

Right now, I'd give that jersey a D+, with the possibility of a C+ if they ditched that awful phantom yoke.

I like the wave on the Ducks' sweaters. It's a nice idea.

If they do keep the current uniforms for the indefinite future, I hope they'd at least connect the wave (like the '07 jerseys) one of these days.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding the material for the throwback Ducks jersey, IIRC, the league/reebok has been using the material for all the retro jerseys (i.e. Whalers).

Why do people like the webbed D logo? It's really bad, and so is that muddled color scheme. The duck-mask logo of old isn't great either. I would much rather see them switch back to the old colors and the late-'90s Nike third jerseys, but with something along the lines of the prototype logo here as the crest:

ducksprototype.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's like people who pine for the return of the Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. They were terrible, losing franchises for most of their NHL existences.

No, those Nords teams with Michel Goulet and the Stastnys were pretty good before the bottom completely dropped out and they drafted Nolan/Sundin/Lindros. They were on the upswing with Sakic, Thibault, and the returns on the Lindros trade just as they moved to Denver. Even when they were bad, attendance at the Colisee was terrific. That they were terrible sounds to me like revisionist history from a sunbelt partisan.

First off, I grew up in Michigan and New York. Do people from the sunbelt dislike the Nordiques? :oh:

Secondly, for the better part of the 80's and early 90's right up until just before they moved to Denver, the Nordiques were pretty bad.

Look it up they were 100 games under .500 for their 16 year NHL history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Nordiques

It's like people who pine for the return of the Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. They were terrible, losing franchises for most of their NHL existences.

No, those Nords teams with Michel Goulet and the Stastnys were pretty good before the bottom completely dropped out and they drafted Nolan/Sundin/Lindros. They were on the upswing with Sakic, Thibault, and the returns on the Lindros trade just as they moved to Denver. Even when they were bad, attendance at the Colisee was terrific. That they were terrible sounds to me like revisionist history from a sunbelt partisan.

First off, I grew up in Michigan and New York. Do people from the sunbelt dislike the Nordiques? :oh:

Secondly, for the better part of the 80's and early 90's right up until just before they moved to Denver, the Nordiques were pretty bad.

Look it up they were 100 games under .500 for their 16 year NHL history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Nordiques

Because the original Jets were a winning team? Just because a team was a losing team doesn't mean it can't come back. That's one of the worst argument i've seen. Here in Quebec, we want to have a team, we don't care if it's a good team or not, we just want one. Same thing for Hartford

I'm surprised, 'cause I thought CCM had nothing to do with NHL jerseys anymore.

I'm surprised, 'cause I thought CCM had nothing to do with NHL jerseys anymore.

Reebok owns CCM and they use CCM for their NHL Heritage jerseys (as you can see on the tags).

I'm sure they're just selling CCMs, while the on ice jerseys will be EDGE.

When the Devils did the throwbacks to the Christmas tree jerseys the on ice jerseys were Edge, but what the stores sold were the CCM versions.

Why do people like the webbed D logo?

Because its a sharp and clever design. A sideways webbed duck foot styled into a "D"? Perfect. No need to have any silly or cartoonish ducks or Disney logos. Its simple, to the point, and is frankly just a cool design.

I gave it a thumbs up back in 2006 and still do today. And I'm not even a Ducks fan.

SuperStock_4029R-118782.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

Archived