2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ducks alternates are supposed to represent "Orange County", hence the reason orange is one of the dominent colors. The current home and roads have too much in common with the Penguins, in a way. A few more reasons why the alts should be pushed to primary.

Anyone know if the Mighty Duckswill be selling any other retro merchandise besides the jerseys? Online store has nothing yet. I want a shirt with the masked duck on it

There's plenty of retro merch at the arena team store, but I'm not sure if it will reach the online store.

I hope for the out of area fans that it does, but doesn't look like it right now.

They're missing out on a cash cow. I'd go for a Teemu shirt with the retro logo.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I'm sitting back and waiting for them to be released online. Once that happens, I WILL get one

The Ducks' Twitter account says you can order them online eventually, but without the patch (may/may not be a good thing).

Still, 200 bucks for a replica lol

Don't care lol. I'll still get it.

If anyone cares, the Panthers ended up not doing any kind of throwback at all tonight. They did a scoreboard unveiling, they showed a video of Panthers highlights over the years, they had players from the original 1993 team come back and sign autographs, they had original owner Wayne Huizenga come out to center ice, and that's about it.

PanthersHomeOpener2013_zps28c95de0.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If anyone cares, the Panthers ended up not doing any kind of throwback at all tonight. They did a scoreboard unveiling, they showed a video of Panthers highlights over the years, they had players from the original 1993 team come back and sign autographs, they had original owner Wayne Huizenga come out to center ice, and that's about it.

Is this because of new ownership recently coming on board?

Loving the Stars road jerseys. They look great on the ice

And to anyone who is still complaining about the lack of gold: They aren't the Minnesota North Stars, they are the Dallas Stars. Same continuity, different team.

And they could always arrange a throwback night, with a kelly green and yellow heritage jersey. Then make it the alternate.

Is this because of new ownership recently coming on board?

I don't have an answer for that right now. I'll look into it and see what I can find out. I was especially disappointed because this is where my seats were:

1385706_10104180609651561_324454338_n.jp

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

And to anyone who is still complaining about the lack of gold: They aren't the Minnesota North Stars, they are the Dallas Stars. Same continuity, different team.

I disagree. No team, save the Flames, has done as much to emphasis to their connection to their previous incarnation as the Dallas Stars have. The team kept the same colours and logos from their last days in Minnesota when they moved, and kept them relatively unchanged (save for darkening the green) for two decades. The team made it a point to say that the Dallas Stars were the same franchise as the Minnesota North Stars.

So with that in mind I would have liked to see gold in place of green (I also disagree with the assessment that the current logos wouldn't work with gold). As-is the team still gives off a very North Stars-esque vibe (kelly green, a logo that incorporates a letter representing the locale and an italic star), but I would have liked to have seen the gold stick around for continuity's sake. Besides, kelly green and gold just looks good. The silver sort of comes off as a hold-over from when they wanted to ape the Dallas Cowboys' look.

The roundel on the shoulders still sucks too.

All of that being said, they do look damn good. Just not perfect, in my opinion.

I disagree. No team, save the Flames, has done as much to emphasis to their connection to their previous incarnation as the Dallas Stars have. The team kept the same colours and logos from their last days in Minnesota when they moved, and kept them relatively unchanged (save for darkening the green) for two decades. The team made it a point to say that the Dallas Stars were the same franchise as the Minnesota North Stars.

So with that in mind I would have liked to see gold in place of green (I also disagree with the assessment that the current logos wouldn't work with gold). As-is the team still gives off a very North Stars-esque vibe (kelly green, a logo that incorporates a letter representing the locale and an italic star), but I would have liked to have seen the gold stick around for continuity's sake. Besides, kelly green and gold just looks good. The silver sort of comes off as a hold-over from when they wanted to ape the Dallas Cowboys' look.

All of that being said, they do look damn good. Just not perfect, in my opinion.

I love it...still would have preferred this. It's the difference between giving someone a 94% and a 100% Still get an A.

DallasStarsTweak_zps5f7e211a.png

spacer.png

Yeah, something like that would have been killer :)

And the boos raining down when they visit Minnesota would be even louder :)

spacer.png

if any organization was going to half-ass a throwback night by not actually wearing throwbacks, it'd be the florida panthers.

Worth a read...

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-10-11/sports/sfl-huizenga-viola-christen-new-panthers-era-20131011_1_jonathan-huberdeau-aleksander-barkov-jacob-markstrom

I may be colorblind, but "victory green" is NOT Kelly green. It may be a lighter shade, but it's NOT the same thing. No.

I love it...still would have preferred this. It's the difference between giving someone a 94% and a 100% Still get an A.

DallasStarsTweak_zps5f7e211a.png

This is not better than what they wear. Sorry. The colors just simply clash, and the gold doesn't allow the green to pop when next to the black.

Archived