2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

No, the Kings definitely have Bettman Piping. The Avs have one of the two different variations of the Bettman Apron.

The Kings in no way have the Bettman Piping. B.P. is on the front of the sweater, the arm stripes the Kings and Avs have can be seen by the 79-90 Jets, the 72-92 Maple Leafs, and the 76-78 Rangers

Meanwhile this doesn't look to out of place and has no Piping.

Kings36.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bettman Piping is on the sleeves. The Bettman Apron is on the torso.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

i never had a problem with the ducks uniforms or logo. i just hated the name "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."

when they dropped that in favor of "Anaheim Ducks," they did a complete redesign that wasn't really needed. the old uniforms weren't the problem. i just didn't like the idea of the name "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" being on the same Cup as the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, and the like.

Anaheim Ducks fits just fine though. the duck mask is actually one of my favorite sports logos in history, despite my distaste for the franchise.

I wonder how they came up with "Mighty Ducks" as the name for the movie in the first place. The fictional team is just called the Ducks and they're only referred to as Mighty Ducks once in the whole trilogy. Even at the end of D3 when Eden Hall has to change its name they don't become the Mighty Ducks of Eden Hall.

Eden_Hall_Ducks.jpg

i never had a problem with the ducks uniforms or logo. i just hated the name "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."

when they dropped that in favor of "Anaheim Ducks," they did a complete redesign that wasn't really needed. the old uniforms weren't the problem. i just didn't like the idea of the name "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" being on the same Cup as the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, and the like.

Anaheim Ducks fits just fine though. the duck mask is actually one of my favorite sports logos in history, despite my distaste for the franchise.

I wonder how they came up with "Mighty Ducks" as the name for the movie in the first place. The fictional team is just called the Ducks and they're only referred to as Mighty Ducks once in the whole trilogy. Even at the end of D3 when Eden Hall has to change its name they don't become the Mighty Ducks of Eden Hall.

Eden_Hall_Ducks.jpg

Because the ducks is a great name for a movie

To me, the Ducks original look is something that can really only be appreciated once it's gone. Bringing it back for one game made me realize just how great it was in the first place. The color scheme, the logo, it really all worked well together and was unique. Makes me miss seeing it on the ice on a nightly basis.

FSU2.gif

As a Florida Panthers fan, I have this to say:

Management, take a good hard look at what the Anaheim Ducks did for their 20th Anniversary throwback night. See where you failed in your own throwback night, and be aware that in two years, it's the 20th anniversary of the Panthers "Year of the Rat" run to the Stanley Cup Finals. Because of this, you'll get a second chance to make it right. Use Anaheim as a template, and do the right thing this time!

The Panthers are claiming they wanted to wear throwbacks for their 20th anniversary game, but that the NHL forbade them to do so because of "league marketing rules". As is the case with most things involving "The Producers" On Ice, I'm calling bull :censored: on this one.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/11/3682385/home-opener-brings-back-fond-memories.html

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

For all the hype about throwback night, it's really too bad that the Ducks will probably never wear their best look again:

(Dark, muddled, shimmery-shouldered, mesh-armpitted mess.)

(White and jade, passable-I-guess, shimmery-shouldered, mesh-armpitted mess.)

And we're all better for it. Yuck.

The only thing the white one had going for it was the prominent use of jade. I would've liked to have tried a jersey completely in jade, and this was close, but the shimmer, the mesh, the socks, yeesh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

They could've gone with a wacky, "90's radical" font like they did on the failed 3rd uniforms

Futura?

If the Ducks ahd slimmed down a few of those shoulder stripes so that there weren't so many things going on, I think the look could have been salvaged.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Personally, I always liked the old Ducks' look. It was nice to see those jerseys in action again.

They could've gone with a wacky, "90's radical" font like they did on the failed 3rd uniforms

Futura?

I think he was referring to the Wild Wing jersey.

I've always wondered, why doesnt the NHL do throw back nights a few times a season? MLB has classic uniform days - NBA has numerous variants of jerseys. NFL features teams that use old jerseys (Tampa Bay etc).

I'd love to see the NHL do a 80's or 90's week.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Personally, I always liked the old Ducks' look. It was nice to see those jerseys in action again.

Futura?

ducks%2B1.jpg

No idea what that font was.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Futura?

ducks%2B1.jpg

No idea what that font was.

Mistral. What a terrible idea.

Mistral.gif

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

For all the hype about throwback night, it's really too bad that the Ducks will probably never wear their best look again:

KKMAeAs.png

NYy5liR.png

These were pretty nice. Trying to remember back, but didn't they wear these more than their original set for a while. The only thing I never got was why they switched to the black helmet/pants. Anyone know?

I've always wondered, why doesnt the NHL do throw back nights a few times a season? MLB has classic uniform days - NBA has numerous variants of jerseys. NFL features teams that use old jerseys (Tampa Bay etc).

I'd love to see the NHL do a 80's or 90's week.

They kinda did a few years ago. A handful of teams including the Canucks and Blues wore their vintage uniforms I think in 2003. It's why the Canucks went back to their original colours a couple of years later because the fans loved them. Why they don't continue to do it now is a good question. They only reason I can think of is that it is the NHL and they are a little slow at doing things some times like actually marketing your star players might be a smart thing.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the jersey in the pic is a fake, but I wanted to show the V patch that the teams wore.

VintageCanucks.jpg

Archived