2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Fasth pads were the pads he wore for the throwback game last Sunday. Albeit he only wore them in practice, warmups, and sitting on the bench.

So that's not news.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The plain pads with stripes looks rather vintage, a far cry from the Eagle and Sherwood patterns we were getting just a few years ago. I don't see the problem with being a little more subdued in design.

I don't mind the subdued designs. I mind the slimmer pad sizes.

14. Wow. Things like this really grind my gears. I can get a slip up and messing up one, but man...the Coyotes haven't had that logo since 04.

Wouldn't that make you consider that it was done on purpose?

A quick fix to Calgary's soon-to-be-unveiled alternate jersey...

*leaked third jersey with standalone black C*

I wouldn't mind at all if this was the flames full time home with a matching white. The 80's jerseys don't have any enough contrast and black fixes this issue. Same deal with the Northstars.

I'm okay with black the way the North Stars used it, but Calgary makes it too prominent. I just have never liked the black C. It doesn't look right on a colored background. To me, the whites look great, and the homes look awful just because of that one reason.

I never liked the black on neither the North Stars nor the Flames. Their original looks were colourful but clean and simple. You recognized those teams right away the moment you saw those teams on television. I even loved their uniform matchup during the '81 semi-finals-> White N-Star @ Red Flaming C, White Flaming C @ Green N-Star.

No different than seeing a unform matchup between the North Stars vs the Sabres(vintage) or the Kings(purple & gold) vs the Sabres(vintage). Nice clean and simple uniforms with a basic colour scheme that sets those teams apart from each other and the rest of the teams in the league.

Getting back to the North Stars and Flames, I would have just deepened the North Stars' kelly green to a forest green which is used by the Wild(HATE that name). The Flames' red would be changed to the same shade as the Canadiens' current red.

When colour is taken out of the game and black is constantly put in as either a primary or as a trimming, the uniforms become way too generic and teams who traditionally have black in their looks, ie. the Bruins, Blackhawks, Flyers, Penguins, and Lightning('04) get lost in the shuffle and don't stand out like the way they used to.

No doubt the Flames were instantly recognizable in the 80's but the uniform leaves much to be desired. The shades of yellow and red are too bright to be matched up with only white. Theres not enough contrast and the colours just don't look good together (way too bright). Also not a fan of the generic yet mismatched striping that could have belonged to just about any other team in that era. This being said I definitely agree with you that black should not be the secondary colour. Something similar to the 2004 jerseys with white and black reversed would look great. The away jerseys of that era used the scheme perfectly only using black for thin stripes. I'll be posting a Flames concept that does this in my hand drawn series soon.

Possible final version

Calgary-FlamesALT2013-14.gif

The "Calgary" wordmark plus the flaming C is too much. They should've used either a "Flames" wordmark with the C or a flaming F with the "Calgary" wordmark. Giordano is going to be taking the ice with 5 Cs on his jersey, 6 if you include the pants. The Flames also dropped the ball by not including any yellow in the number or name font. It's better than the monstrosities they currently wear, but it's still far from perfect. I do like that the shoulder patch creatively incorporated elements of Alberta's flag, instead of just slapping the flag on and calling it a day.

14. Wow. Things like this really grind my gears. I can get a slip up and messing up one, but man...the Coyotes haven't had that logo since 04.

I only counted 13.

I only counted 13.

I got 14 if you count Pittsburgh's roundel.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man I hate this square shoulder trend.

I also hate this "Let's pretend our jerseys are from 1912" trend.

Enough with the laces. Use normal collars.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Man I hate this square shoulder trend.

I also hate this "Let's pretend our jerseys are from 1912" trend.

Enough with the laces. Use normal collars.

You know, I'm actually ok with the laces. It's a unique uniform thing to hockey, why not embrace it? Nobody else does it. you see those, you know it's a hockey sweater. That part is ok.

That said, we could use the occasional modern look, if it's done right.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

drawstrings are just about the only reebok collars that don't look like total trash, though.

i hate those pointy collars the devils, chicago, ottawa, and pittsburgh use.

i would like it if the drawstrings were a little bit longer and even ONE player TIED them, like you're supposed to, though.

drawstrings are just about the only reebok collars that don't look like total trash, though.

i hate those pointy collars the devils, chicago, ottawa, and pittsburgh use.

i would like it if the drawstrings were a little bit longer and even ONE player TIED them, like you're supposed to, though.

I actually really like the pointed collars, a lot. They look sharp.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived