2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Maybe it was a concept design.....but were there rumors that the Flyers were getting a black Alternate again?

Hmm, maybe a throwback to this?

eric-lindros-philadelphia-flyers-autographed-photograph-3310500.jpg

If they were to bring back the black I would rather they change it up. Instead of the white shoulders, try the orange. But then again it may be to halloween-ish.

1hqo41.jpg

I made this concept a while ago, I think this would be the proper direction to go with a new black alternate.

flyersblack.jpg

ennis-tyler-medicine-hat-tigers.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I did a concept that blended the soon-to-be-former set and the late 1990s/2000s "star-patterned" sets (shameless plug alert):

I like your concept, just not sure it can be done with the EDGE template. With the EDGE jerseys, everything that is a different colour is a different panel on the jersey.

Reebok has made sublimated Edge jerseys so I am thinking anything is (and maybe always has been) possible.

Weren't the Lightning planning on introducing more black into their uniforms this year? Has that been put on hold?

There was talk about that when they unveiled the new look in January 2011. But when they announced that they were keeping the BOLTS alternate for this season, I think that killed expectations. I forget if they actually said there'd be no changes or if it was just assumed, though.

Weren't the Lightning planning on introducing more black into their uniforms this year? Has that been put on hold?

There was talk about that when they unveiled the new look in January 2011. But when they announced that they were keeping the BOLTS alternate for this season, I think that killed expectations. I forget if they actually said there'd be no changes or if it was just assumed, though.

Honestly, would this have been that hard?

TB3.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On the subject of the Sharks, I hope not, but are they going the route of phasing their teal out, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars? By wearing their black jerseys at home the last two postseasons, it leads me to believe that their teal jerseys' days might be numbered. I seriously hope not because they are "Team Teal" and they always looked great in them, so why get rid of it?

Terrible if so. They made teal popular in the 90s, and because of the originality, it works, especially with the marine theme. Their new look has quickly become dated as well. They need to go back to their roots.

sig.png

On the subject of the Sharks, I hope not, but are they going the route of phasing their teal out, a la the Jacksonville Jaguars? By wearing their black jerseys at home the last two postseasons, it leads me to believe that their teal jerseys' days might be numbered. I seriously hope not because they are "Team Teal" and they always looked great in them, so why get rid of it?

Terrible if so. They made teal popular in the 90s, and because of the originality, it works, especially with the marine theme. Their new look has quickly become dated as well. They need to go back to their roots.

The current logo is fine, but the orange accents don't work too well for them. It sorta feels like it was stuck in there for no particular reason. It works for the stick in the logo, but that's really about it. The Sharks look their best in teal, black and silver.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Don't know how popular (or un-popular) this opinion is, but I think if the Flyers are going to get an alt, then it should be their wheat colored WC jersey.

I for one, think it should be. I think it's a better option than a new black jersey. While I still like the idea of the Flyers adopting a black alternate, I think that the WC jersey goes to the retro feel that Philly already carries in their current home and away unis. Also I don't see how likely the Flyers get a new alternate, much less the Winter Classic jersey

Don't know how popular (or un-popular) this opinion is, but I think if the Flyers are going to get an alt, then it should be their wheat colored WC jersey.

I would rather see the WC jersey they did last year as their 3rd, IMO its just a good looking jersey & it does have the old school feel as well.

baltimoreravens.png

I find it funny that when Philly had just the black away uni 10-15 years ago, everyone wanted the orange one back. Now it's the black they want.

Well I don't think the Flyers should bring a black jersey into the fold. Instead they should just make the WC jersey the alternate. It's the more realistic choice. By the way, does anyone know about this jersey possibly becoming a third?

Anyone else wishing for the kings to fix there home uni to match the road, I feel it's gonna happen soon.

Am I the only one hoping that the logo on the home unis is changed to something that's not black (maybe silver, like the Gretzky era stuff). A black logo on a black uniform is just strange.

Matching hem stripes would be good too.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Anyone else wishing for the kings to fix there home uni to match the road, I feel it's gonna happen soon.

Am I the only one hoping that the logo on the home unis is changed to something that's not black (maybe silver, like the Gretzky era stuff). A black logo on a black uniform is just strange.

Matching hem stripes would be good too.

No you definitely are not. I hate non contrasting logos which is why I made this concept a couple months back. A white logo is the way to go IMO

losangeleskingsr.png

I find it funny that when Philly had just the black away uni 10-15 years ago, everyone wanted the orange one back. Now it's the black they want.

I don't think any Philly fans here want the black back, but if they "were" to bring back the black alternate there has to be more orange in the design, not just black and white

A quote from Jim Lites, Stars CEO:

"We're obviously very sensitive to what the fans think, from everything from the goal song to the uniforms and the logos," said Lites, when asked about the fan reaction. "We anticipate having this thing, in the next two weeks, wrapped up and figured out. Maybe a little longer than that. We'll see a prototype of that which we've selected as the look, with the color match and the changes we've made to the crest after the last go around. We should see that in a week and hopefully, in the next month, we'll be able to show it to the world."

I don't think any Philly fans here want the black back, but if they "were" to bring back the black alternate there has to be more orange in the design, not just black and white

Yea I love that orange is back. I just brought it up because I thought I heard they were getting a black alternate.

Archived