2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

More minor Stars rumblings. Mike Heika had a live chat on the Dallas Morning News site today, and said this about the new uniforms:

I know they were all over the map, and had all sorts of color choices, but that they made a late decision to stick with green. I heard they were very interested in ``Eagles'' green for a while, but that this prototype is more ``Celtics'' green. Other than that, I have no idea. I don't know what the new logo looks like, but that will probably make it or break it for a lot of fans.

So Kelly Green essentially. Perhaps these will be modelled after the North Stars classic look. I just hope they aren't Yzermanized with just Kelly Green and White

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More minor Stars rumblings. Mike Heika had a live chat on the Dallas Morning News site today, and said this about the new uniforms:

I know they were all over the map, and had all sorts of color choices, but that they made a late decision to stick with green. I heard they were very interested in ``Eagles'' green for a while, but that this prototype is more ``Celtics'' green. Other than that, I have no idea. I don't know what the new logo looks like, but that will probably make it or break it for a lot of fans.

So Kelly Green essentially. Perhaps these will be modelled after the North Stars classic look. I just hope they aren't Yzermanized with just Kelly Green and White

As a fan of the North Stars back in the day, I like seeing kelly green and I hope the uniforms remind me of the old team. It's kind of strange since the North Stars moving is easily the worst moment of my spots fan life. Nevertheless, I want remnants of the old team to exist (even as I never totally let go of my bitterness). I honestly have a hard time imagining them being more inspired by the 1967-1991 color scheme as opposed to the Norm Green "change the uniforms in preparation for the move to Dallas" look, but it would be fine by me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Most concepts have always used a darker green, but I think it HAS to be kelly green to differentiate from the Wild.

Why? Dallas wore dark green well before the Wild even existed. Plus, Minnesota doesn't even wear a green primary anymore.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Because when Dallas switched to dark green, it became invisible at any distance against the black.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Make Dallas the lone stars so Minnesota can be the North Stars and then bring back the kelly green uniforms for the North Stars and make Dallas black and gold or red and blue.

///idiotic discussion that at least one boob brings up every year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Make Dallas the lone stars so Minnesota can be the North Stars and then bring back the kelly green uniforms for the North Stars and make Dallas black and gold or red and blue.

Totally agree. Unfortunately, Lone Stars gets the thumbs down by the majority on the forum. Stars, IMHO, is way to generic and Wild sounds like an NLL team, not an NHL team.

Morgo, talking about Yzermanized kelly green and white jerseys, google images of the old Seattle Totems. Their green and white uniforms were beautiful, but both their whites and their greens were like the Red Wings' red and white home and away uniforms. More so than Tampa Bay's current unis.

Totally agree.

The joke went right over your head.

Totally agree.

The joke went right over your head.

iYKo6_zpse89199b5.gif

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I thought they've been wearing the black alts for their playoff runs?

Just the past two seasons

Hm.

Also what's the general consensus: Is this logo still a "Modern Classic?" Frankly I've always despised it. I'm still in love with the teal/silver/black looks from bygone years.

dmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

I've always thought it was the anime interpretation of a sports logo.

VmWIn6B.png

Totally agree. Unfortunately, Lone Stars gets the thumbs down by the majority on the forum. Stars, IMHO, is way to generic and Wild sounds like an NLL team, not an NHL team.

I'm not gonna beat ya up on that (since two other people already did), but speaking as a native of North Texas, I will just tell you that changing the name to "Lone Stars" would be seen as gimmicky and ANY color other than green would take away its uniqueness as it is the only major pro sports team in the state with no red, blue, or silver in its combo.

Please, NO Lone Stars or R/W/B combos....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I don't understand why the Stars are doing all of the anniversary stuff this year. They're a season early. 93-94 was their first in Dallas.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Detroit is getting rid of their vertically arched nameplates as well.

Archived