2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leafs traditionally wore their 3rd jersey in the playoffs, I wonder if they'll do that this year, it is a new 3rd jersey.

BTW ever as a leafs hater, I can admit their old 3rd jersey was so classy. Change for the sake of change never works out.

BTW ever as a leafs hater, I can admit their old 3rd jersey was so classy. Change for the sake of change never works out.

Except their current third is a throwback to the best jersey they've ever worn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ATTENTION: COLORADO

What a great opportunity you have to *&*(& up. Your once-great market is cratering, and the fan base is atrophying. You have an amazing chance to draft Seth Jones, a player with an interesting back-story. A player who (for obvious reasons) will break ground and will be branded (whether rightly or wrongly) as iconoclastic.

So…guys…what a great opportunity you have to not only draft him but to do a hard reboot. Petition the league to change your horrific jerseys. See what the league will allow you to do. This is a player (Jones) who got into hockey watching the Avs raise the championship banner.

If I ran that organization, everything would have to go. It’s a diseased culture there. Changing a uniform is a simple gesture; just do it! They don’t realize that practically the entire league has moved on from the initial RBK poopfest and has improved their sweaters in some way.

Petition Bettman, get an extension. Do something. Can you at least give him a plain classic sweater with the mountain range?

I realize this probably won’t happen (organization is so clueless that you can’t expect it to have the self-awareness to realize that they look TERRIBLY aesthetically out there), but wouldn’t it be nice as the league /sports world is spinning this great made-for-TV story about Jones that he would also be a symbol for CHANGE in Colorado. What better way to do that than by hearkening back to, you know, the days when people showed up and cared about your club?

(I know. I know. Won’t happen…)

The Kings gave a throwback (that wasn't worn during the season) to their first pick in 2010, which got a great reaction from their home fans.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

It has been confirmed via twitter that the Sharks will be going with the black jerseys again. The overall reaction on twitter was negative, one of the beat writers even commented that he received so much negative feedback that he was going to mention to the team(I doubt it actually happens). It appears that a good majority of fans hate the jerseys.

If I could complain about something with the Sharks it would be how they handle the jerseys. They had their 20 year anniversary last season and did not wear throwbacks once.. Maybe our new billionaire majority owner will "see the light"

Black Armor (the nickname to the sponsored Sharks third jersey) hasn't been viewed popular due to the plainness when seen on tv (where it barely looks like any teal is in there) and the lack of uniqueness of a black jersey in the Pacific Divison (Kings, Stars, Ducks primary; Sharks, Coyotes thirds)

Meanwhile, the similarity of the jersey striping for the playoff home jerseys are very noticeable:

San-Jose-Sharks-Reebok-Premier-Replica-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N6929_XL.jpg

Vancouver-Canucks-Reebok-Premier-Replica-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N5301_XL.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Me no likey Sharks' thirds. It would be ok with more teal. Widen the arm stripes and put a hem stripe.

They will probably get rid of teal altogether down the road a la the Marlins. Then they will bring it back after a lot of backlash.

It has been confirmed via twitter that the Sharks will be going with the black jerseys again. The overall reaction on twitter was negative, one of the beat writers even commented that he received so much negative feedback that he was going to mention to the team(I doubt it actually happens). It appears that a good majority of fans hate the jerseys.

If I could complain about something with the Sharks it would be how they handle the jerseys. They had their 20 year anniversary last season and did not wear throwbacks once.. Maybe our new billionaire majority owner will "see the light"

Ugh

I absolutely loathe those "Black Armour" jerseys. "Lets roll out our worst design for the most important part of the season, yeah!"

Me no likey Sharks' thirds. It would be ok with more teal. Widen the arm stripes and put a hem stripe.

They will probably get rid of teal altogether down the road a la the Marlins. Then they will bring it back after a lot of backlash.

They have a new owner,he seems to "understand" sports and making fans happy.. hopefully he makes some changes. The Sharks marketing/PR department is pretty terrible and could use some new blood.

They have a new owner,he seems to "understand" sports and making fans happy.. hopefully he makes some changes. The Sharks marketing/PR department is pretty terrible and could use some new blood.

one of the many pro sports teams that got it right the 1st time with the teal/black/silver and classic stripes...there was no need to ever mess with a modern classic.

Archived