2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk if its the XL centers lighting but the wilds green alts theyre wearing today look black on tv. very drab looking...but this is coming from an islanders fan who is use to seeing white, royal, and bright orange every game

Mets, Jets, Islanders

idk if its the XL centers lighting but the wilds green alts theyre wearing today look black on tv. very drab looking...but this is coming from an islanders fan who is use to seeing white, royal, and bright orange every game

Yeah, I agree with you. The only time you notice the green is after a goal when a spotlight is shone...or when they do a shot of a player on the bench.

that's my main reason for being so excited that the stars are switching to a shade of kelly green next month. even the cup era jerseys looked almost black on black unless you were very close up. dark green can be a very ugly muddy color from a distance.

Speaking of, guess who just got a ticket to the Stars uniform unveiling :D

Nice, Hope you like the new uniforms/logos.

I suppose we'll find out if they stream it live. If you hear a bunch of cursing and the sound of chairs being flipped over, then we'll know what Cole thinks :D

that's my main reason for being so excited that the stars are switching to a shade of kelly green next month. even the cup era jerseys looked almost black on black unless you were very close up. dark green can be a very ugly muddy color from a distance.

I don't know why they ever ditched the Kelly Green from the inaugural year in the first place. Funny how the worst Minnesota North Stars jersey was also the Dallas' Stars best...

if it's anything like what i've been told it's going to be like, then i'm going to really really like it, despite it being pretty different than what i'm used to as a dallas stars fan. i'm excited.

the guy who did the study on changing the islanders identity, including removing oranage is rediculous, every single seat at the coliseum had ORANAGE rally towels instead of the over played white ones. the fans love the oranage, and the orange really pops against white and royal blue. they really need to leave the identity of this team alone. it wasnt the look of the team that needed changing, it was management and on ice production that needed to be changed.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

the guy who did the study on changing the islanders identity, including removing oranage is rediculous, every single seat at the coliseum had ORANAGE rally towels instead of the over played white ones. the fans love the oranage, and the orange really pops against white and royal blue. they really need to leave the identity of this team alone. it wasnt the look of the team that needed changing, it was management and on ice production that needed to be changed.

1-for-4. Adequate in baseball, horrendous in spelling.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Has anyone seen the 2013-14 Reebok catalog with the TBDs (or possible new designs)? I know someone noted they saw the adidas catalog in the NBA thread...just seeing if there's anything else in the catalog that hasn't been discussed here yet.

And I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Has anyone seen the 2013-14 Reebok catalog with the TBDs (or possible new designs)? I know someone noted they saw the adidas catalog in the NBA thread...just seeing if there's anything else in the catalog that hasn't been discussed here yet.

And I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Icethetics had a little bit of a write up last week about it http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/5/1/nhl-jerseywatch-2013.html

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

"What I wanted for this franchise was a logo and a look and a crest that when you look at it has timeless, original-six, vintage, classic qualities to it, and that's been the theme of what we've been pursuing," -Gaglardi

Have a sickening feeling the team is about to be "Yzermanized." The colours had better not be just Kelly Green and White, Gold needs to stick around in some capacity whether it's athletic or metallic.

"What I wanted for this franchise was a logo and a look and a crest that when you look at it has timeless, original-six, vintage, classic qualities to it, and that's been the theme of what we've been pursuing," -Gaglardi

Have a sickening feeling the team is about to be "Yzermanized." The colours had better not be just Kelly Green and White, Gold needs to stick around in some capacity whether it's athletic or metallic.

Gaglardi has never been a member of the Red Wings, I think they'll be safe from any Yzermanisation.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived