2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I just asked, and apparently the Dallas Stars and Texas Stars worked on their uniforms entirely independently... so if they look alike, its just a coincidence. Damn shame though. That green sweater is nice.

But it makes me happier knowing the Dallas green is going to be considerably brighter. That shade looks so dull and dark with all the contrasting white.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just asked, and apparently the Dallas Stars and Texas Stars worked on their uniforms entirely independently... so if they look alike, its just a coincidence. Damn shame though. That green sweater is nice.

But it makes me happier knowing the Dallas green is going to be considerably brighter. That shade looks so dull and dark with all the contrasting white.

Awesome. I was going to comment on that after I saw the picture, because you have posted for a while that they are going to Kelly green. I'm glad the shade is lighter than the minor league team's.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I expect that the Detroit native who owns the team will make them look more like the Red Wings.

How much more can they do to look like the Red Wings, at this point?

Considering the teams look nothing alike & that the Red Wings have never used Black or Silver in their history, quite a lot. Might as well say the Canucks look like the Leafs...

Hmmm. Does that NEW STORM nameplate mean they're going away from the italicized nascar font?

I'm worried the Hurricanes are going to go with black pants and helmets and then we'll have a 5th team wearing red jerseys and socks with black pants and helmets.

435459f2c3b011e2b0f722000a9f18db_7.jpg

Via instagram, looks like they will stay with red helmets.

It might be the blurry pic but that helmet looks matte

i think the helmet looks like a photoshop... like it used to be white, and was recolored red for some reason. maybe they only have 1 helmet there for the teaser photo shoot... or maybe i'm just smoking crack.

i think the helmet looks like a photoshop... like it used to be white, and was recolored red for some reason. maybe they only have 1 helmet there for the teaser photo shoot... or maybe i'm just smoking crack.

it looks kinda like this

944516_10151597060357720_1341924060_n.jpg

If the logo and colour scheme are staying the same, this virtually guarantees that the striping pattern is gone, which is a shame. My guess is that they'll go with a generic white/silver/black/silver/white pattern. Non-italicized NoB/numbers and no more phantom yoke is good news, at least.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Red helmet hopefully means red pants. Unless they're going to go all Islanderstupid on us.

134154667_display_image.jpg?1324606346

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Red helmet hopefully means red pants. Unless they're going to go all Islanderstupid on us.

Old Devils looked ok with red helmets, red jerseys, and green pants. That's probably a more apt comparison than the Isles alts

Old Devils looked ok with red helmets, red jerseys, and green pants. That's probably a more apt comparison than the Isles alts

Because the pants are contrasting with the rest of the look.

It just looks stupid when its the helmet that contrasts. A la Islanders.

Ehhhhh a matte finish on hockey helmets would certainly not have the same visual effect on the game like football helmets so I'm throwing that speculation out the window.

I'm all for the Canes sporting italicized numbers though. It fits fine with the Hurricanes brand and the whole being in the NASCAR division thing.

Midway.png

Time for another shameless plug...

What I believe the Dallas Stars new uniforms will look like, according to all the details we got so far...

Stars4_zps232d0045.png

Why half-striping?

Half-striping is no good.

Half-striping looks terrible.

No half-striping.

Time for another shameless plug...

What I believe the Dallas Stars new uniforms will look like, according to all the details we got so far...

Stars4_zps232d0045.png

Why half-striping?

Half-striping is no good.

Half-striping looks terrible.

No half-striping.

That green looks awful, it needs to be the current green and gold that they use, maybe lighten it a tad but nothing close to that

Archived