The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it's from carrying his team if I weren't so sure it's been the other way around.

Central Division is up for grabs. The Wings look pretty vulnerable. Jordin Tootoo sucks, and Mikael Samuelsson looks like a dad in a rec league. The Hawks have a bunch of talent but are the rare team that can have a bunch of guys in their early twenties and still be a relic of a bygone era. The Predators have Shea Weber and precious little else. I always thought the Blues were playing over their heads.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Holmstrom is one player I won't miss.

I have missed the day-to-day banter about the league's characters. It's like I got my stories back.

The Blue Jackets will give up fewer goals than they normally do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't score 100 goals in the 48 games. They're my favorite team and even I had to re-educate myself as to who is on this team and it really is a roster full of WHO? 12 wins might be an accomplishment.

The fun part will be watching how John Davidson runs the team over the course of the season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In Vancouver everyone's attention is back to where and when Luongo gets traded. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts the year in Vancouver but it would benefit both parties if a deal was done in the next week. Toronto stil seems to be the favorites.

I'm subscribed to the Kings' Facebook page, and all their said was that they were "remodeling their banners." Something big is happening...

Funny, I'm remodeling my bowels for the occasion.

----

Probably Teemu's last hurrah. First training camp and "full" season under Boudreau. An overhaul on the blueline (Visnovsky out, Souray/Allen in). Some decent depth pickups (Blake/Hagman out, Winnik/kids in).

If Boudreau can't change the trend the Ducks had under Carlyle of coming slow out of the gate, this thing will be over early. If they can play like they did from January on last year, I'd be excited to see where this Ducks team can end up. Hiller CAN be otherwordly. Ryan/Perry/Getzlaf CAN be unstoppable. They just have to go out there and :censored: ing do it. How the defense will play out and if some of the young kids step up are the wild cards for the Ducks, but Hiller/RPG will define this team's performance.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

In Vancouver everyone's attention is back to where and when Luongo gets traded. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts the year in Vancouver but it would benefit both parties if a deal was done in the next week. Toronto stil seems to be the favorites.

Luongo to Toronto wouldn't work. If he couldn't handle the pressure in Vancouver there's no way he could handle the Toronto sports media.

Luongo took Vancouved to the finals and won a gold for team Canada. He can handle the pressure. If it wasn't for Cory Schnieders emergence then Luongo wouldn't be going anywhere. Besides, the expectations in Toronto will be much lower which will mean less pressure than In Vancouver.

Not that I am a native Torontan, but either expectations are never held to a lower standard in Toronto, and/or lower expectations just fuels greater discontent amongst the masses. It's an embarrassment that the most recognizable and most valuable hockey club in the world hasn't played a playoff game since May of 2004.

Not to say pressure isn't great in Vancouver (because it's always great in any Canadian city, compared to most American cities), but Toronto is the biggest pressure cooker in the hockey world. From a hockey POV, it's the equivalent of playing for the Yankees. It's not for everyone.

spacer.png

Luongo took Vancouved to the finals and won a gold for team Canada. He can handle the pressure. If it wasn't for Cory Schnieders emergence then Luongo wouldn't be going anywhere. Besides, the expectations in Toronto will be much lower which will mean less pressure than In Vancouver.

Pretty much what Tank and Kramerica said. Expectations, realistic or not, are always high in Toronto. Luongo's consistently shown that when "under the lights" he wilts. You mention that Stanley Cup run? How did that go for him in game seven? Honestly, it's a minor miracle he didn't let seven goals in during that gold medal game.

I don't think he has the mental toughness to play goal for the Leafs, given his track record in high pressure games in Vancouver.

The minute LululLouongo allows a soft goal Leafs fans will be boo him and he will start to tighten up and he will fail.

You're such an idiot. You are worse than wilmorris and know :censored:. How many Canucks games have you watched?

In Vancouver the fans expected a cup these last few seasons. In Toronto all he would need to do is get them to the playoffs to meet expectations and be considered successful.

Archived