The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should retire right now. Or go for 1,000.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Martin Brodeur has career win 666 very Devilish

That first period tonight had all the excitement of watching paint dry. Florida outshout the Devils 7-2, and three of the Panthers' shots came in the final minute.

Guy Boucher has been released of his duties as head coach for the Lightning.

http://lightning.nhl...s.htm?id=661783

Can't say the firing surprises me, but figured they would let him finish the season.

Wow, that sucks. They got off to such a hot start, but the last couple weeks have been a total train wreck. LeCavelier gets hurt, Stamkos' only score has been an EN, etc.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Guy Boucher has been released of his duties as head coach for the Lightning.

http://lightning.nhl...s.htm?id=661783

Can't say the firing surprises me, but figured they would let him finish the season.

Wow, that sucks. They got off to such a hot start, but the last couple weeks have been a total train wreck. LeCavelier gets hurt, Stamkos' only score has been an EN, etc.

I look at the overall picture of coming one game shy of playing the Canucks for the Stanley Cup a few years ago, to no playoffs since then.

Well, there's that. Happened overnight, too, since I was up 'till 1 and didn't hear anything about it.

Oh well. 51-62 over the past two seasons (38-44, 13-18) so it's not terribly shocking or undeserved. Too bad, since the 2011 playoff run made his tenure seem so promising...

It's not entirely his fault. The GM might have to go too since Stevie Y has yet to find an injury-resistant goalie!

No, it's not entirely his fault. But it seems like every damned defenceman and goaltender that is brought in seems to regress massively upon setting foot in Tampa. I can't think that's all a coincidence, that Stevie Y. is making dumb decision after dumb decision. This guy was the captain of a great organization for two decades and then spent five years in their front office upon retirement. The guy isn't stupid, and I tend to side with him more than I do with Mr. Boucher in this case.

spacer.png

Guy Boucher spurned the Blue Jackets and went to Tampa instead and we ended up with Scott Arniel. I don't blame him, but his getting fired makes me feel better. He probably wouldn't have worked out here any better than he did with the Lightning.

I had a feeling the Blue Jackets were going to drop that game in Nashville last night. All the signs were there.

- Team playing the second of a back-to-back on the road against a team on a day's rest.

- team due for a stinker

- hot goalie playing back-to-back and his 9th straight start due for a stinker

- playing against a team motivated by the manhandling they were given just a few days earlier

- playing in a building that has historically been a house of horrors

- and probably more

It's a bummer because they could've used the points, San Jose lost at Minnesota, Dallas won, and now they're tied with Nashville. Things just got harder and they have a western Canada swing coming up. But hey, Steve Mason is still alive and he didn't give up any goals in relief of Bobrovsky.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think we're seeing Bobrovsky and the Jackets playing at an unsustainable high while teams like the Oilers, Sharks, and Coyotes are at unsustainable lows, but I'd still like to see them eke out eighth place so I can continue to point and laugh at Rick Nash. I have never liked that guy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dunno, this Oilers low is starting to look disturbingly sustainable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No, it's not entirely his fault. But it seems like every damned defenceman and goaltender that is brought in seems to regress massively upon setting foot in Tampa. I can't think that's all a coincidence, that Stevie Y. is making dumb decision after dumb decision. This guy was the captain of a great organization for two decades and then spent five years in their front office upon retirement. The guy isn't stupid, and I tend to side with him more than I do with Mr. Boucher in this case.

Maybe this organization is snakebitten at the moment?

I haven't been following the Bolts all that closely, and I could be completely wrong here; however, I'm under the impression that the Bolts were in the "win now" mode after being one game away from the Stanley Cup Final in 2011. It's pretty clear to me that they haven't gotten the production from their Defensemen or Goalies this year. Yzerman is responsible for signing or extending the contracts of the following defensemen: Salo, Carle, extending Hedman, and Brewer. In addition, he acquired Lindback from the Predators to compete for the No. 1 job. His stats have been pretty good, when healthy, but that's only a small sampling of his potential, especially from his time with the Preds. Then again, Yzerman's backup plan was Garon and that's never really a great Plan B or C option.

If the Bolts continue to fail, then hopefully Yzerman will be able to assess what commodities are available at the trade deadline in order to salvage their season at this point. Who knows, the right trade could kickstart this team and make a run for the #8 seed in the East (or even the #3 Seed - thanks SouthLeast!); however, similar to the Caps, I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

Chicago has the prospects to get it done, but now that getting Iginla is a possibility, I'm gun-shy about it! After all this time I wanted him! But hey, we can win it all this year, a year ahead of schedule. Risk some future. It's an expiring contract; just give them Kyle Beach.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived