The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Also on the subject of put-down chanting: this season against the pens, during the regular leafs suck chant, the SBP technicians where quick to put the PGA scorecard.

Subliminal messaging?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes, retirement has not been kind to Lindros. Also, way to break out the replicas for the charity game.

577562_634742529875419_1820492994_n.png

The Leafs always give their alumni replicas for pre-game ceremonies and charity games. It bugs the hell out of me. At least remove the jock tag!

And why is he wearing a Stars helmet?

Also on the subject of put-down chanting: this season against the pens, during the regular leafs suck chant, the SBP technicians where quick to put the PGA scorecard.

Subliminal messaging?

I also like how they turn up the arena music really loud whenever the ever-present "Go Leafs Go" chants break out.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yikes, retirement has not been kind to Lindros. Also, way to break out the replicas for the charity game.

577562_634742529875419_1820492994_n.png

The Leafs always give their alumni replicas for pre-game ceremonies and charity games. It bugs the hell out of me. At least remove the jock tag!

And why is he wearing a Stars helmet?

I'm guessing since that was his last team, it's also the last equipment he has that fits. I'm sure he had to get new shoulder pads, though....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Yeah. It was a pretty frustrating two games.

The Ducks outplayed the Red Wings in both games everywhere except the scoreboard. That's frustrating. It's frustrating losing two straight games in a season where, well, they aren't losing often. Especially when its two straight games at home to the same team (a team you beat semi-handily at their place). Problem was, even though all those comebacks this season have been great, falling behind early finally hurt them and Jimmy Howard was fantastic.

All that said, that $17 million temper tantrum at the end of the game was uncalled for. Like I've mentioned, I understand the frustration, but that's unacceptable, especially from the captain Getzlaf (who of course does this now after I praised him of truly being fit of wearing this team's "C" after his performance against Chicago.).

Good thing is, they can get right back on track at home tomorrow against San Jose (another team they've handled pretty well this season. Including just last Monday.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

NHL 2002 was the easiest video game I've ever played for goaltenders to score goals.

Shooting the puck with them was essentially just flipping the puck up 50 feet in the air, and seeing it slide centre-cut into an empty net. And I think goalies were pulled even with two goal deficits, creating more opportunities.

spacer.png

The Ducks outplayed the Red Wings in both games everywhere except the scoreboard.

Did you watch the game on Friday? I have a tough time believing you outplayed a team when Justin Abdelkader gets a hat trick in the second period.

Ducks still have a tendency to break down and start the whining when things don't go their way. I don't see that as something Boudreau can fix.

On a brighter note, an Orange County high school team from the Ducks Jr. Hockey league won the national championship yesterday. Both of Selanne's sons are on the team. Big win for California Hockey. None of this would have been possible without Gary Bettman and his commitment to growing the sport. Thanks, Gar!

The Ducks outplayed the Red Wings in both games everywhere except the scoreboard.

Did you watch the game on Friday? I have a tough time believing you outplayed a team when Justin Abdelkader gets a hat trick in the second period.

I did watch the game.

Like I said, outplayed everywhere except the scoreboard, and I should have added in between the pipes as well. The Ducks controlled the flow of play and had the majority of the chances. The difference was the Red Wings scoring on their chances and Jimmy Howard stepping up for the Wings where Fasth failed in the first game. (Hiller was fine, just not better than Howard in the two games.)

Ducks still have a tendency to break down and start the whining when things don't go their way. I don't see that as something Boudreau can fix.

On a brighter note, an Orange County high school team from the Ducks Jr. Hockey league won the national championship yesterday. Both of Selanne's sons are on the team. Big win for California Hockey. None of this would have been possible without Gary Bettman and his commitment to growing the sport. Thanks, Gar!

Yeah. Like I kind of mentioned, things have gone their way a lot of the time this season and they haven't really been frustrated with losing because they haven't been losing. So this is really the first time they've gone out and done this so far.

And yes, congrats to Santa Margarita High School. Huge win for California hockey, SoCal hockey and specifically OC hockey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Douglas Murray to the Penguins for two picks. Adds some needed size and physical power to the defense. And with that, the pieces are in place...

Douglas Murray might be the most useless defenseman in the league. He's a piece of something, all right.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Douglas Murray to the Penguins for two picks. Adds some needed size and physical power to the defense. And with that, the pieces are in place...

Douglas Murray might be the most useless defenseman in the league. He's a piece of something, all right.

So I've heard, but I hold to the belief that someone who's made the Swedish national team twice isn't necessarily a "piece of something", and that a player who knows he is going to a Stanley Cup favorite who is going to have some expectations for him to live up to is going to up his play, especially at the end of a contract year. Decent move at worst by Shero, IMO. Spend a little on a guy who could be a potentially valuable piece rather than taking a big risk and breaking the bank on a big name. If nothing else it shows me he believes this team can go all the way and he doesn't want to mess with it.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived