The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Semin signs an extension to stay in Raleigh for five years at a price of $35 million.

…Alexander Semin is worth $7 million a year?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lightning will name Jon Cooper head coach tomorrow. He comes from the Lightning's AHL affiliate Syracuse.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21948862/report-jon-cooper-to-be-head-coach-of-tampa-bay-lightning

I for one hope this is on an interim basis to get to the offseason and have Cooper as well as other viable candidates jockey for the full time gig this summer. The Bolts just had a minor league coach, and it sorta worked. I say try a veteran guy next, but Im not in charge.

With so many minor leaguers currently with the parent club, this does make sense on an interim basis. I would not be so wild about naming him full-time at this juncture. Give him 16 games to work some magic, and if he can somehow pull this team over the top-8, then by all means give him the reigns.

Bingo! I'm hoping that's what we hear officially tomorrow.

Not really sure how Doughty gets that goal when Bollig was denied a goal for doing the exact same thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The rule of thumb is that any goal review will go against the Blackhawks. Rarely does a questionable goal survive a review, and I cannot for the life of me not once remember a goal that was washed out on the ice but a good goal upon review. I know it's nothing more than a statistical anomaly, but they just get dicked every time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The rule of thumb is that any goal review will go against the Blackhawks. Rarely does a questionable goal survive a review, and I cannot for the life of me not once remember a goal that was washed out on the ice but a good goal upon review. I know it's nothing more than a statistical anomaly, but they just get dicked every time.

Kane's shooutout goal against Schneider was initially ruled no goal on the ice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

164232_444620832296538_494700175_n.jpg

That is why Marty is Better.

Except it isn't. He's better because he's won. Not because he got credit for an own goal.

And also, don't any of you talk about "put down chanting". You're all novices compared to us cretin Ranger fans.

Come on you chant Potvin sucks every game, Dennis Potvin has not played in 25 years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So the Kings, who got shutout in their last two home games, have all of a sudden scored four goals at the United Center.

Yep, the 'Hawks are in danger of a passing by the Ducks and Pens.

Edit, 7:48pm PT: Kings win 5-4, and the 'Hawks are in definite trouble.

That game was an extended pants-pooping. Way to go, Brandon Bollig, your fight really shifted the momentum!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Worth it (considering the amount of skill they already have)?

#TribHKY >> Clarification: After calls today, sense is #pens AREN'T done. Or out of Iginla. #typos

' class="bbc_url">@RobRossi_Trib:

#TribHKY >> Clarification: After calls today, sense is #pens AREN'T done. Or out of Iginla. #typos

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived