The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

I missed tonight's blackhawks game, and from what I'm reading my life is better off for not having seen it.

----------

This happened during tonight's Bruins game. Gross.

bsbeerfinal.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ 5 ANA 3

First time SJ puts up 5 since the 3rd game of the year. Well earned win. Sweeping them home and home on Wednesday would be huge. I'll miss Murray, but like I stated earlier he sucks and needed to go.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Bobby Ryan is literally garbage. He makes bad decisions, he never goes into the dirty areas, and he coasts. I've had it, I hope they trade him (for a HARD WORKING 2nd line center.) I wouldn't mind seeing Sbisa and Bryan Allen gone, either.

I'm not the type to say "TRADE EVERYONE" after every loss, but these 3 have been pure garbage for most of the year.

And I love him, but Selanne is showing his age. If this isn't just a slump, and this is really how he's going to play from now on, I kind of hope he retires after the season. I don't want to see Selanne become one of those players who is just a shell of his former self.

I don't know, he really can't puck handle anymore, and he's getting slower by the day. He also doesn't really have any spot on the roster... He can't play on the top line, he has no chemistry with any of the young guys, the 3rd line is set, and he's not going to be useful on the 4th line.

First the game, yeah the Ducks played like hot garbage tonight. Its just a funk (really no other way to explain it with all the great play that preceded this) but it needs to go away NOW with trips to San Jose, Chicago, Columbus, and Dallas (this franchise's house of horrors) on the docket.

Teemu's an old guy. He just needs a nap. He's fine. As far as him not having a spot on the roster, that's mostly because Bonino being out really screws with things. Teemu can play with the top line, but then you leave Bobby Ryan on an island. (same with moving Bobby up top. It works, but then Teemu has to fend for himself.) I think Holland is fine between Ryan and Selanne, they had their chances tonight and in the past few. (Actually, I'd love if they moved Bobby up and put Etem with Teemu and Holland. Use that speed. And I think Etem is really coming into his own now.)

Speaking of Bobby Ryan, honestly, he's just been so damn snake-bitten this season. He gets the chances and things just seem to happen to him. Broken sticks and the like. Sometimes it's just plain missing, but he's still getting to the spots. I'd like him to get inside on guys more, but I think he's fine as far as positioning. I'd also never classify Bobby as coasting. I think he's one if the hardest working guys on the ice each night, he just needs to get going as far as numbers go. (I'd say all the same in that sentence applies to Cam Fowler. Need to get on the scoresheet, my dude.)

And yeah, trade Bryan Allen all day. Skates and thinks like an oak tree. Sbisa is fine, I don't know why so many Ducks fans have a hard-on to hate him.

----

And holy :censored: ! There's only a month left in the season! What the hell.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I missed tonight's blackhawks game, and from what I'm reading my life is better off for not having seen it.

----------

This happened during tonight's Bruins game. Gross.

bsbeerfinal.gif

I think that's hilarious. Did he drink the beer afterwards? Because you know you don't waste beer. :)

Sad to Crankshaft go, but I think the return for the Sharks is pretty darn good. Someone said something about who's going to sweep the puck away from the net for 'Floppy Fish' now that Douglas Murray is gone. I'm not sure what to make of the context of that comment, but the mental image of Niemi as a floppy fish had me laughing hysterically

Good win by the Sharks. On the Shep/Couture deflection disallowed goal, did they call it no goal on the ice? Because I could have sworn one ref say goal and the other say no, but then inconclusive evidence I heard was the ruling. I guess they didn't have the CSNCA feed because that sure looked below the cross bar. Just wish the ref could announce it to viewing audience as well, oh well.

On the Shep/Couture deflection disallowed goal, did they call it no goal on the ice? Because I could have sworn one ref say goal and the other say no, but then inconclusive evidence I heard was the ruling. I guess they didn't have the CSNCA feed because that sure looked below the cross bar. Just wish the ref could announce it to viewing audience as well, oh well.

I was there. It was no goal on the ice, yeah.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On the Shep/Couture deflection disallowed goal, did they call it no goal on the ice? Because I could have sworn one ref say goal and the other say no, but then inconclusive evidence I heard was the ruling. I guess they didn't have the CSNCA feed because that sure looked below the cross bar. Just wish the ref could announce it to viewing audience as well, oh well.

I was there. It was no goal on the ice, yeah.

Ah okay. Just watched the highlights on NHL.com and they had the Ducks feed and a better angle to the ref saying no goal. Still think it was below the crossbar, but was hard to tell when it hit the stick I guess it what Toronto and video review saw. Thanks. I was watching trying to listen on CSNCA and was like, wait what's going on. Remenda was unimpressed by video review to say the least. :)

I think I said Sheppard, but it was Pavs' one timer and Logan deflected it. Sheppard was on the good goal with Havlat breezing by Fasth.

Tonight's game in Vancouver will decide if the Blue Jackets are going to stick around the playoff race. They're 1-0-1 in two shootout games against the Canucks this season, but Bobrovsky was stellar in both games and he's coming off the worst start of the season.

10 pm start wah

PvO6ZWJ.png

Will the Jackets still be doing a West Coast Run next year? I never get to watch any of those games.

Yes, but they only have to play in LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary once as opposed to twice in a normal 82 game season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bobby Ryan is literally garbage. He makes bad decisions, he never goes into the dirty areas, and he coasts. I've had it, I hope they trade him (for a HARD WORKING 2nd line center.) I wouldn't mind seeing Sbisa and Bryan Allen gone, either.

I'm not the type to say "TRADE EVERYONE" after every loss, but these 3 have been pure garbage for most of the year.

And I love him, but Selanne is showing his age. If this isn't just a slump, and this is really how he's going to play from now on, I kind of hope he retires after the season. I don't want to see Selanne become one of those players who is just a shell of his former self.

If everything goes your way, the Leafs'll grab him for Grabovski.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Someone on HFBoards.com heard on The Hub (a local Boston radio station) that Martin St. Louis' name was brought up as a possible candidate to be traded to the Bruins.

Stop getting my damn homes up, HFBoards....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Tonight's game in Vancouver will decide if the Blue Jackets are going to stick around the playoff race. They're 1-0-1 in two shootout games against the Canucks this season, but Bobrovsky was stellar in both games and he's coming off the worst start of the season.

10 pm start wah

Yup. After that drubbing in Nashville, they need to step up tonight. Get out of there with a point and I'll be happy. As I said earlier in the thread, playing 12 of their last 17 on the road is going to make it a tough hill to climb for the Blue Jackets.

10pm start? No problem for me, I work nights. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived