The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jackets will continue to be a high-motor team and get more points than they should, but there are gonna be those nights when you can't escape roster reality. I think they'll make one last big push, be in 8th for like a day, and ultimately finish 10th.

Finishing outside the playoffs, but losing out on one of the top three draft picks is not ideal, but since they're closer to the playoffs than they are to last I think they should go all out to make the playoffs. The issue of tanking is a hot topic in CBJ land. A couple of things: 1. You can't make players tank, which was evidenced by one unnamed player saying that he "didn't give a drunken piss about a draft pick in June" when asked about whether the recent hot streak was ultimately going to doom their draft position. 2. They never should've been the worst team in the NHL last season, and they weren't going to be the worst team this season so arguing that they should tank for Seth Jones is nonsense. Making the playoffs would be an over-achievement, but 11th is probably a natural spot for them and they'll pick like 9th or something. Whatevers, we have draft-guru Jarmo Kekalainen running the program so if he was able to build St. Louis into a decent team from mid-range draft picks then I'm trusting him to do the same thing here.

Don't forget that every non-playoff team has a chance at the #1 pick now. My dream is that the Blue Jackets just miss the playoffs and move from like 13 or 14 to 1. I think Columbus has suffered enough... time for some good luck.

The sports Gods won't be pleased. Suffering to them is playoff disaster or heartbreak; what the Blue Jackets have been for the majority of their history is just sucking.

Every winning franchise in sports has had a period of sucking, then building, then heartbreak, then the glory of championships, followed by decline, bottom-barreling then repeating the cycle.

They can't just jump from sucking to championships like that. What are they, the Marlins?

The Jackets will continue to be a high-motor team and get more points than they should, but there are gonna be those nights when you can't escape roster reality. I think they'll make one last big push, be in 8th for like a day, and ultimately finish 10th.

Finishing outside the playoffs, but losing out on one of the top three draft picks is not ideal, but since they're closer to the playoffs than they are to last I think they should go all out to make the playoffs. The issue of tanking is a hot topic in CBJ land. A couple of things: 1. You can't make players tank, which was evidenced by one unnamed player saying that he "didn't give a drunken piss about a draft pick in June" when asked about whether the recent hot streak was ultimately going to doom their draft position. 2. They never should've been the worst team in the NHL last season, and they weren't going to be the worst team this season so arguing that they should tank for Seth Jones is nonsense. Making the playoffs would be an over-achievement, but 11th is probably a natural spot for them and they'll pick like 9th or something. Whatevers, we have draft-guru Jarmo Kekalainen running the program so if he was able to build St. Louis into a decent team from mid-range draft picks then I'm trusting him to do the same thing here.

Don't forget that every non-playoff team has a chance at the #1 pick now. My dream is that the Blue Jackets just miss the playoffs and move from like 13 or 14 to 1. I think Columbus has suffered enough... time for some good luck.

The sports Gods won't be pleased. Suffering to them is playoff disaster or heartbreak; what the Blue Jackets have been for the majority of their history is just sucking.

Every winning franchise in sports has had a period of sucking, then building, then heartbreak, then the glory of championships, followed by decline, bottom-barreling then repeating the cycle.

They can't just jump from sucking to championships like that. What are they, the Marlins?

With the exception of last year the Blue Jackets have never really sucked though. They've almost always been in that "not bad enough to get those top-five picks consistently to rebuild and not good enough to make the playoffs" mode.

And :censored: you if you're going to sit here and tell me that enduring a team that's hardly ever had a chance to go anywhere isn't any kind of suffering. :censored: that.

6fQjS3M.png

Nice of Rask to wake up for the shootout. Unfortunately, the shooters for the Bruins kept trying the same thing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Rask slammed his stick on the board and fell down. Womp womp.

The Behind the Net people were saying the Ducks were overdue for a huge, huge regression. This must be that?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived