The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the exception of last year the Blue Jackets have never really sucked though. They've almost always been in that "not bad enough to get those top-five picks consistently to rebuild and not good enough to make the playoffs" mode.

So in other words, they've been in "grapefruit stuck in gas pedal" mode. They can't take their foot off the pedal to relax (rebuild), nor can't they press it to accelerate and go (contend).

And :censored: you if you're going to sit here and tell me that enduring a team, that's hardly ever had a chance to go anywhere, isn't any kind of suffering. :censored: that.

While I do appreciate all the Blue Jackets' success and wish them well in their playoff entrance endeavors, "suffering" would be too strong of a word to evaluate their past. I grew up on the premise that the sports lexicon term "suffering" refers to consistent, quality, playoff-clinching seasons which have ended in playoff catastrophe. I just don't see CLB in that terminology right now.

Nah, there's not enough time for Dynasty In The Making to gain all that ground back. It's a rough spot; they'll get some rest somewhere along the way and close it out strong. And they play the Hawks on Friday, automatic win.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1st rounder conditional on re-signing Iginla? Really Feaster?

Wait, seriously?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I know he's an expiring contract, but holy crap they just traded the best player in franchise history for two college kids. Not even major-junior prospects. College. Feaster should self-immolate like a Buddhist monk for this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With the exception of last year the Blue Jackets have never really sucked though. They've almost always been in that "not bad enough to get those top-five picks consistently to rebuild and not good enough to make the playoffs" mode.

So in other words, they've been in "grapefruit stuck in gas pedal" mode. They can't take their foot off the pedal to relax (rebuild), nor can't they press it to accelerate and go (contend).

And :censored: you if you're going to sit here and tell me that enduring a team, that's hardly ever had a chance to go anywhere, isn't any kind of suffering. :censored: that.

While I do appreciate all the Blue Jackets' success and wish them well in their playoff entrance endeavors, "suffering" would be too strong of a word to evaluate their past. I grew up on the premise that the sports lexicon term "suffering" refers to consistent, quality, playoff-clinching seasons which have ended in playoff catastrophe. I just don't see CLB in that terminology right now.

Maybe the team hasn't "suffered", but the fans of a perennial loser certainly suffer. That's really more what I was getting at. I don't care about the feelings of a corporate entity.

I know he's an expiring contract, but holy crap they just traded the best player in franchise history for two college kids. Not even major-junior prospects. College. Feaster should self-immolate like a Buddhist monk for this.

And not even on deadline day. You can't tell me there wouldn't have been a better deal out there before the deadline than this.

Pittsburgh,even after the Globe and Mail announced Boston.

Wow.

I know I'm watching and thinking wait, NHL Network says Pittsburgh, earlier it was Boston, in an hour you'll see Iginla to Toronto, lol. Pittsburgh: Murray, Morrow, Iginla. What a busy week!

Anyone think Jagr to San Jose would be a good trade? Price too high? Who would the Sharks have to give up? I don't have any source just checking the trade tracker. I've heard Jagr to St. Louis. I don't think Dallas would trade Jagr to a division foe being in the playoff hunt, but a few years back the Sharks and Ducks did, so I guess anything is possible.

John Weisbrod, Ken King, Jay Feaster. You should be ashamed, words can't describe how f'ed you guys are.

Plus side. No way Pittsburgh can sign him back. Oh welp! He'll be back here next October.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived