The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Sharks might as well go all in this year and trade for Jagr. Any picks they lose to obtain him, they'll get back from everyone else they need to move. I don't think the Stars will pull the trigger. They might finish 8th! You know, like the Kings!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing the rest of the league can feel good about is, whenever teams stack up for the playoffs like this, they generally tank out in the first round.

Maybe they can lure Brian Smolinksi out of retirement.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If anything good about the Flames can be said is they did it with class, keeping their mouths shut for the last month since the ROR debacle. When he slips on the Penguin sweater for the first time. It's gonna be eerie.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

How soon can the Pittsburgh area get shirts?

rymJtQS.jpg

IGINLA: "As far as I'm concerned, all this crap in the rink represents these fans out here! For 17 years, brother, for 17 years I held my head high! I did everything for the NHL! I did everything for Calgary! And the reception I got when I came out here to Boston, you fans can STICK IT, brother, because if it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, you people wouldn't be here! If it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, Gary Bettman would be giving rimjobs back in Queens!

MEAN GENE: You have made the wrong decision in my opinion!

IGINLA: "Well lemme tell you something - I made the Flames organization a monster! I made people rich up there! I made the people that ran the organization rich up in Calgary, brother! And when it all came to pass, the name Jerome Iginla, the man Jerome Iginla got bigger than the whole organization, brother!

And as far as Peter Chiarelli, the Bruins, and the whole city of Boston goes, I'm bored, brother!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sharks might as well go all in this year and trade for Jagr. Any picks they lose to obtain him, they'll get back from everyone else they need to move. I don't think the Stars will pull the trigger. They might finish 8th! You know, like the Kings!

I'd like to see what Jagr can bring to the Sharks, but looks like Dallas is close to inking him to an extension.

Two Mike Milbury items:

1) Mikey said he would be pissed off if the Bruins could not consummate the deal after their two healthy scratches and Iginla's last night. So, I want to see some fury.

2) I'm relatively certain Milbury is the only GM who could've made an even worse deal if charged with the task of trading Iginla. As I like to say - I wish I could be considered a hockey expert even after trading away Roberto Luongo and Jason Spezza.

I'd like to see what Jagr can bring to the Sharks, but looks like Dallas is close to inking him to an extension.

WHY???

spacer.png

but the it they but if they the what but they're WHY

goddamn Nieuwyndyk is an idiot.

Two Mike Milbury items:

1) Mikey said he would be pissed off if the Bruins could not consummate the deal after their two healthy scratches and Iginla's last night. So, I want to see some fury.

2) I'm relatively certain Milbury is the only GM who could've made an even worse deal if charged with the task of trading Iginla. As I like to say - I wish I could be considered a hockey expert even after trading away Roberto Luongo and Jason Spezza.

WHY???

I guess the Stars feel he's playing well enough to help the team. I thought they were closer than they appear to be though. Dallas Morning News and NBCSports both reporting talks are taking place. Just read that Jagr leads the team in points this season.

http://starsblog.dal...s-talking.html/

http://prohockeytalk...lking-contract/

Second linked article says that the Bruins are one team that's reported looking at Jagr, but given last night's TSN okie doke and sneak attack by the Penguins maybe it's a return home to Pittsburgh for Jagr. :)

That's it, it's official, the Stars do not have any freaking plan whatsoever and are just content to screw around forever. Yeah, Jaromir Jagr should be a part of your team going forward. In 2014. Nothing could possibligh go wrong, and that's not the first thing to go wrong.

Are there reports Iginla had a say in the deal and turned down Boston? I'm probably being bias, but the Bartkowski/Khokhlachev/1st deal seems like a much better return than what Pittsburgh offered.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ugh. Can Pittsburgh catch a break? When is something gonna go that city's way?

Enjoy your parade this June. GODDAMNIT MLUFOIU*##))##(#)U#)UJGDODIJGOJDLJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: :censored: :puke::angered::mad::cursing:

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are there reports Iginla had a say in the deal and turned down Boston? I'm probably being bias, but the Bartkowski/Khokhlachev/1st deal seems like a much better return than what Pittsburgh offered.

From everything I read, that was the case.

Same for Morrow.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yes. Apparently Feaster asked Iginla where he'd like to go, as Calgary had three different offers on the table.

EDIT: -Dan beat me to it.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The worst part is that Iginla is one of my favorite players of all time and I won't even be able to enjoy watching him win a cup because it'll be tained by the most annoying sports fans in America.

THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE

PvO6ZWJ.png

The worst part is that Iginla is one of my favorite players of all time and I won't even be able to enjoy watching him win a cup because it'll be tained by the most annoying sports fans in America.

He didn't go to Detroit.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived