Looks that are TOO similar

New idea for a thread: what uniforms, jerseys, identities, etc, are TOO similar to another teams? I got the inspiration from remembering a time when I was a kid in a sports store at the mall, and they had a jersey hanging and I couldn't tell if it was a Bills jersey or a Giants jersey.

So with that, I nominate the Bills and New York Giants of the 1980's-90's

bruce_smith.jpeg

ottis_anderson_1998_09_23.jpg

Can anyone honestly tell what team this next guy plays for? Probably, but it shouldn't be this hard.

329935_display_image.jpg?1313448282

others?

90758391980.gif

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tampa-Bay-Lightning-host-the-lowly-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-NHL-Preview-136994.jpg142484674_std.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was once flipping through channels and stopped when I saw baseball. I only saw the back view of a pitcher and based on the black hat, white pinstriped jersey, and black lettering with silver trim, I thought I was looking at the Chicago White Sox. It was the Rockies.

*edit -to clarify, I saw the pitcher while flipping through, assumed it was Chicago, and went back to see who they were playing.

Obvioisly not now, but back in the 70' through the 90s the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions were virtually identical from a distance—or at least I always thought so.

Also...about seven or eight different Major League Baseball teams belong in here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can anyone honestly tell what team this next guy plays for? Probably, but it shouldn't be this hard.

others?

Easy one, the Bills ...

The white ski-mask totally gives it away. That's Henry Jones, looks like the 1992 uniform set

Idk who ski-mask guy is, but #29 is Tito Wooten of the New York Giants.

(is your mind blown?!)

90758391980.gif

Seriously... all these teams in the same conference?

AM-jerseys.jpgmississippi-state-uniform.jpg

alabama.jpg

I have no idea what Adidas was thinking with those Texas A&M/Mississippi State uniforms. Maroon with vertical sleeve striping for both teams? Come on now.

others?

Easy one, the Bills ...

The white ski-mask totally gives it away. That's Henry Jones, looks like the 1992 uniform set

Idk who ski-mask guy is, but #29 is Tito Wooten of the New York Giants.

(is your mind blown?!)

I knew which team it was right away...the "2" should've been the key giveaway.

Gotta know your number fonts, people. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

USC and Iowa State. Only major difference is that USC only has a single shoulder stripe and the helmet logos. Hell, even the facemasks are both gray.

hi-res-155409716_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=753e374f20f757d30196dcf8e0d4e96afc.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived