College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Miami is absolutely awful. And I unfortunately will have to see that in person (I'm assuming there's a new road too.) Who thought it would be a good idea to put the name on the top of the shoulders like that with an odd number of letters? Not that it would have been good otherwise, but all you can make out is MI MI.

In all honesty of all of the DIY oregon/pcr knock offs, for some reason I'm not nearly as offended by the miami (oh) set. I'd lose the white shoulders and make the "miami" a little more subdued or sublmated to nor be so gaudy but they seem ok.

So I stumbled upon this and chuckled x100. Knew only the people here would truly get it.

1000194_201644639993500_2121524206_n.jpg

How could anyone tell it was Wisconsin?

Must have been the one with the giant "W" on front.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU Coach Gary Patterson is slowly tweeting pictures of different parts of their uniforms for the season opener v. LSU. Looks like they're going heavy purple and bringing back the red "blood line" accents. For those who don't know/recall, actual Horned Frogs spit blood out of their eyes when they feel threatened. TCU adopted some "bloodlines" into their helmets and cleats back around 2009. Last time it was mostly paired with black, but it looks like they're putting it next to purple this time. It will be interesting to see what Nike has come up with.

BQDQupfCIAAujFb.jpg

And I still say "feeling threatened" and "bleeding from the eyes" are not things I'd want associated with my football team.

I don't know what I'm more sick of; Adidas, the one side helmet logo, or "Can't Hold Us" being used for seemingly every video.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Miami is absolutely awful. And I unfortunately will have to see that in person (I'm assuming there's a new road too.) Who thought it would be a good idea to put the name on the top of the shoulders like that with an odd number of letters? Not that it would have been good otherwise, but all you can make out is MI MI.

In all honesty of all of the DIY oregon/pcr knock offs, for some reason I'm not nearly as offended by the miami (oh) set. I'd lose the white shoulders and make the "miami" a little more subdued or sublmated to nor be so gaudy but they seem ok.

So I stumbled upon this and chuckled x100. Knew only the people here would truly get it.

1000194_201644639993500_2121524206_n.jpg

How could anyone tell it was Wisconsin?

Must have been the one with the giant "W" on front.

In the current generation, Nebraska's shoulder stripes are much thicker.

Also, the giant "N" jersey patch on the (player's) left shoulder is a difference. These pics don't show the backs, but Wisconsin also has the Motion W logo on the back, just above the NOB.

But yes, to the casual fan they're (shudder) .... the same.

USP_NCAA_Football__Texas_El_Paso_at_Wisconsin-x-wide-community.jpgRex+Burkhead+Idaho+State+v+Nebraska+uH-QPUpXhS1l.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

TCU Coach Gary Patterson is slowly tweeting pictures of different parts of their uniforms for the season opener v. LSU. Looks like they're going heavy purple and bringing back the red "blood line" accents. For those who don't know/recall, actual Horned Frogs spit blood out of their eyes when they feel threatened. TCU adopted some "bloodlines" into their helmets and cleats back around 2009. Last time it was mostly paired with black, but it looks like they're putting it next to purple this time. It will be interesting to see what Nike has come up with.

BQDQupfCIAAujFb.jpg

I already told y'all the jerseys and pants are black.

Western Michigan unveiled new uniforms and helmets today featuring "Ghost Bronco" and "Row the Boat."

OK, I'll bite. Why the :censored: are you using "row the boat" as a motto when Kalamazoo is :censored: ing landlocked? The only purpose of an oar in Kalamazoo is to beat the crap out of the dumbarse who thought up that motto.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can we say that uniform reveal videos have officially jumped the shark?

Popular pump-up song: check.

Poorly lit room: check.

"Smoke": check.

Players screaming at the sky: check.

They've become so formulaic (and frankly, attempted rip-offs of Nike's style) that they're tough to watch them.

I don't know what I'm more sick of; Adidas, the one side helmet logo, or "Can't Hold Us" being used for seemingly every video.

BUT BUT WE HAVE NOTHING BESIDES "CAN'T HOLD US" OR "RADIOACTIVE" OR "MY SONGS KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DAAAAAHHAAAHHHHHAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKKK SO LIGHT EM UP UP UP LIGHT EM UP UP UP LIGHT EM UP UP UP I'M ON FYYYYAAAAAAAAYYAAAAAAHHHHHHH WOOOOOAHHHHHHOOOAAAHHHHOOOAAHHHHHOOOAAAHHHHOOOAAAHHHHOOOOOAAAOOHHHHH IN THE DAKK DAKK" THAT CAN PUMP UP EVERYONE FOR A JERSEY REVEAL ON YOUTUBE

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Can we say that uniform reveal videos have officially jumped the shark?

Popular pump-up song: check.

Poorly lit room: check.

"Smoke": check.

Players screaming at the sky: check.

They've become so formulaic (and frankly, attempted rip-offs of Nike's style) that they're tough to watch them.

Is it weird that there actually is a shark jumping out of the water in this video?

I agree though, they try so hard to look "tuff" and "kewl", and just looks so unnatural and pre-scripted.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Western Michigan unveiled new uniforms and helmets today featuring "Ghost Bronco" and "Row the Boat."

OK, I'll bite. Why the :censored: are you using "row the boat" as a motto when Kalamazoo is :censored: ing landlocked? The only purpose of an oar in Kalamazoo is to beat the crap out of the dumbarse who thought up that motto.

I'll raise you... STEVE PREFONTAINE!? Nike's poster boy (and my personal hero) in a adidas... thing...

Why also don't they file in their mustang. Specifically at the end when they have the oars going through it. They have a "filled" in version of the mustang, wouldn't that be more appropriate?

Overall though (minus the whole not getting why WMU football is a huge fans of the Winklevoss twins) it's not a bad uni. Simple to the point. The Row on the bumper, and the oars. I like it to be honest. Wished the number fonts on the helmet and jersey matched.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Iowa State will be wearing throwbacks against Iowa in week 3. No confirmation yet on what year they will be throwing back to, but speculation is that they will be inspired from the 1923 uniforms.

I had an interview for a graphic design internship in the ISU Building at Trice and the guy designing the uniform showed me a little sneak peak. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was 1923. I didn't particularly like the design and it didn't seem very professionally done. The guy had no background in uniform design, just doing website headers and stuff.

Iowa State will be wearing throwbacks against Iowa in week 3. No confirmation yet on what year they will be throwing back to, but speculation is that they will be inspired from the 1923 uniforms.

Really cool news if true. Can I ask where you heard this or saw it? I'm Iowa State fan myself.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Archived