College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Does the 44 signify something or are they going to have personalized gloves?...also is that black making another appearance in a color uniform scheme that is great?! Blue orange and white is great esp the way they use it no need for black to be introduced anywhere!!!

Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and Floyd Little all wore 44 and they haven't added black

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still hate it.

North Carolina is a blue-white-complimentary darker color preferably navy school, but mostly they're light blue and white.

To make the dominant second color anything other than white is sacrilege.

They achieved perfection with Julius Peppers. Stay there.

Julius%20Peppers315*304.jpg?v=1

Man that's lovely! Only gripe is that drop shadow but I'd take that set as a whole over 99% of the crap everyone is coming up with.

That's one of my favorites. Tough to top it. I even like the drop shadow, here, although I usually don't.

*SHAMELESS PLUG*

zb55.png

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Ok good. For a while there I thought I was alone. I have never liked baby blue and navy together. The change to black not only looks better, but fits the Tarheels mascot as well. I'm curios to see if the basketball team will follow suite, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

What are you talking about? Everyone hates the black. And no, the basketball team will stay traditional, because they have a legacy unlike the football program.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Ok good. For a while there I thought I was alone. I have never liked baby blue and navy together. The change to black not only looks better, but fits the Tarheels mascot as well. I'm curios to see if the basketball team will follow suite, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

What are you talking about? Everyone hates the black. And no, the basketball team will stay traditional, because they have a legacy unlike the football program.

There are a whole bunch of posters who just said "count me in too" or "no, I love it" when I asked if I was alone in finding the new look beautiful. So no, not everyone hates black replacing navy blue.

Also, having a legacy did not stop arguably the most storied basketball program in the country from playing with their look at Kentucky. Pretty weak arguing point.

There are a whole bunch of posters who just said "count me in too" or "no, I love it" when I asked if I was alone in finding the new look beautiful. So no, not everyone hates black replacing navy blue.

Also, having a legacy did not stop arguably the most storied basketball program in the country from playing with their look at Kentucky. Pretty weak arguing point.

That was an alternate uniform though for UK. It's not like they wore it every game. Seriously though, the new UNC uniforms would suck even if they did have navy blue. The design is just so generic.

spacer.png

You just manged to smoke out the three or four people who agree with you. I wouldn't start thinking of myself as in anyway part of a majority in liking these BFBS downgrades if I were you. Page back to the posts that hit this board when these things were first brought out and I think you'll get a better sense of what most folks on here think.

Not that it should matter how many people fall on what side... if for whatever reason, you feel the black looks better, you can keep on feeling it. But believe me, there's a ton of room on that bandwagon.

You just manged to smoke out the three or four people who agree with you. I wouldn't start thinking of myself as in anyway part of a majority in liking these BFBS downgrades if I were you. Page back to the posts that hit this board when these things were first brought out and I think you'll get a better sense of what most folks on here think.

Not that it should matter how many people fall on what side... if for whatever reason, you feel the black looks better, you can keep on feeling it. But believe me, there's a ton of room on that bandwagon.

Oh believe me I get that. He just said "no one" prefers the black, when in actuality outside this board it is a HUGE hit, especially in Chapel Hills. It's just hard not to like those colors together.

Oh believe me I get that. He just said "no one" prefers the black, when in actuality outside this board it is a HUGE hit, especially in Chapel Hills. It's just hard not to like those colors together.

Is that a guess, or can you actual site something that say so? (Other than some guy on reddit? :P Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Is that a guess, or can you actual site something that say so? (Other than some guy on reddit? :P Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

It's a huge hit with people outside this board, because they are the average football player that thinks these new uniforms look kewl or badass, because of the black, when the truth is, they know nothing about true sports aesthetics.

spacer.png

Hey, I chuckled. I have a few friends that go to UNC. They love the look, they said the players and the boosters like the look too, and that the student body as a whole is pretty excited for the blackout game.

coach fedora did say the uniforms are the first thing recruits ask about, gotta cater to your recruits

Well, no. You don't gotta.

alabama.jpg

Most programs don't have coach like Nick Saban, an athletic department fully dedicated to football, boosters with big pockets, great facilities, and great tradition. Other programs have to resort to different methods of recruiting players, no uniforms aren't the primary reasons players commit but it is important to the players. A chance to get to the next level, win, location are more important though.

coach fedora did say the uniforms are the first thing recruits ask about, gotta cater to your recruits

Well, no. You don't gotta.

alabama.jpg

Oh no, they do cater. They do it via other means. They pay them.

Personally, if you ask me which is the greater crime, paying your players or dressing them like asshats, it's not even close. Pay away! :D

Don't you love these explanations that they find to fit why they are adding ridiculous colors to schools?! And what's even crazier is that the schools are allowing these companies to completely change traditional color schemes and add or subtract colors that are actual legit athletic colors of the schools! It's just crazy. When has anyone seen a volt duck?! Either way I dislike schools changing up constantly some need them but keeping with the traditional colors will do just fine

I've never seen a volt duck before, and to be honest I've always wanted to see one.

That Carolina helmet is nice, but honestly why use black when you have navy?? And also (tho it doesn't seem to be the case in the j peppers pic) the stroke on the unc decals has always appeared way too thin to me. It looks off balanced.

Stepping back a bit...but are those Texas Tech uniforms posted a week ago in this thread legit?

The link that was posted no longer follows to a photo of the jersey designs posted a few posts later. Also, they have no jersey of that style on any of their online stores.

I can't find anything else on it online, either.

Reason I ask is because South Carolina is supposed to be getting a small update to their uniforms for 2013. They are "straightening out" the striping on the uniform. Since Texas Tech practically had the same jersey design (with only one stripe), I was wondering if they were going the same direction.

Any clue?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/90666-college-football-2013-season/page__st__2700

Archived