College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Didn't see anything posted about Tennessee making some changes for this season:

1. An outline of the state of Tennessee on the back of both the home and road uniforms, placed just above the player's names

2. A script "TENNESSEE" on the front of the road jersey, above the numerals

3. A faint checkerboard design in the numerals on the road jerseys

There were a few screens posted from ncaa 14 but no real life pics

There were real life pics unless I saw them on Uni-Watch and not here. I also posted a quote from Butch Jones about the likelihood of seeing an alt uni.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention is the beginning of all relationships. Even recruit/school ones. Some need to stick out more. They don't have the tradition, money and backing of an Alabama. So they use peacock feathers. Nature of the recruiting beast. Especially when recruiting teenagers. I think it is no coincidence that Oregon had it's best years when they started to get all wacky. I am not saying "modern" uniforms are the sole reason. They are a key component and Oregon knows it. I think it is one of a few factors that got the snowball rolling at Oregon.

Regarding the mere existence of alternate/crazy uniforms, I'm neutral. Have them or don't - it matters not.

What matters is when smaller, under-budgeted schools with poor coaching buy into the belief that adding a neon jockstrap will suddenly turn them into Oregon. The ONLY reason that schools should be offering alternates is for the interest of fans and players.

I'm sick of every Also-Ran football school having an "unveiling" each week. I suppose from a marketing angle it drums up interest in the school and that's fine. And yes, those schools are also entitled to rock some cool duds and I hope their players enjoy the change of pace. But you don't become Superman just because you put a cape on your shoulders.

The uniforms create appeal - the coaches and players win games. The appeal might get a few stones turning, but winning games is what becomes an avalanche.

Plus without all these changes what would we all do with our spare time?!

Regarding the mere existence of alternate/crazy uniforms, I'm neutral. Have them or don't - it matters not.

What matters is when smaller, under-budgeted schools with poor coaching buy into the belief that adding a neon jockstrap will suddenly turn them into Oregon. The ONLY reason that schools should be offering alternates is for the interest of fans and players.

I'm sick of every Also-Ran football school having an "unveiling" each week. I suppose from a marketing angle it drums up interest in the school and that's fine. And yes, those schools are also entitled to rock some cool duds and I hope their players enjoy the change of pace. But you don't become Superman just because you put a cape on your shoulders.

The uniforms create appeal - the coaches and players win games. The appeal might get a few stones turning, but winning games is what becomes an avalanche.

Yeah what these schools don't realize is that what Oregon lacks in tradition they absolutely more than make up for in facilities. Easily the best in the country. They got great facilities great coaches.

They're not regularly contenders becaus a bunch of kids saw cool uniforms and decided they wanted to go there, they did it because they built a great program with state of the art facilities.

The uniforms help draw a little bit of attention but that's it.

To sum it up then it's Phil Knight's $$$ and his ability to throw essentially unlimited nike resources into the program that makes the Oregon product so attractive.

Found this on Oregon's site today. It's what colors they want fans to wear to games. Interesting the white out for the first game of the year. I wouldn't think they would do storm trooper than, but who knows

color-schedule.jpg

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Found this on Oregon's site today. It's what colors they want fans to wear to games. Interesting the white out for the first game of the year. I wouldn't think they would do storm trooper than, but who knows

color-schedule.jpg

already has been discussed, it's just what they want the fans to wear, it means nothing when it comes to what the team will wear, they might match half the time

I just noticed that the green is all opaque, except the Utah game, which is more of a camo print. Hmmm

That is just the leather of the football background coming through it, and it's a bad photoshop job

No, that's a definite camo pattern. Different from the other green games and is the Saturday after Veteran's Day.

new-syracuse-no-44-football-gloves.jpg

Syracuse's new gloves

Jeez, didn't they give enough of a handjob to Ernie Davis already in "The Express"?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Found this on Oregon's site today. It's what colors they want fans to wear to games.

Boise State has done the same:

BSUColorSchemes+copy.jpg

we see this kind of thing a lot, but does anyone else find it strange how schools will compliment their opponent's colors? like for TEN, they're empasizing orange and white, then against Air Force its all blue. i think it makes more sense to contrast the opponents colors. really make them feel like the whole stadium is against them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Found this on Oregon's site today. It's what colors they want fans to wear to games.

Boise State has done the same:

BSUColorSchemes+copy.jpg

we see this kind of thing a lot, but does anyone else find it strange how schools will compliment their opponent's colors? like for TEN, they're empasizing orange and white, then against Air Force its all blue. i think it makes more sense to contrast the opponents colors. really make them feel like the whole stadium is against them

Nah, I prefer this way. Then when you take panoramic stadium shots it almost looks like there are no visitors.

Kent back to wearing navy helmets in practice:

BQq095-CEAAygFS.jpg

Wonder if the gold was just a one time thing for the scrimmage:

BI4_DHBCQAEDWCR.jpg

Looked back on David Carducci's twitter feed and it looks like the gold was just for the Spring Game and Practice. Too bad. Looks so much better than the navy.

70389454.png

uhhhh so this was just tweeted out....and now I'm freaking out.

Helmet_normal.jpgBadger Football@BadgerFootball6m

RT @UWBadgersdotcom: Be sure to stay tuned for our big announcement at 1 pm CT. The way you look at #Badgers will never be the same

Probably just the new template show off. Maybe a wordmark above the numbers. Think Tennessee like.

EDIT: Just reread the tweet, skipped over the last part. This may be bad.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

uhhhh so this was just tweeted out....and now I'm freaking out.
#Badgers will never be the same

Oh no...I do not look forward to this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived