College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I'm thinking the colored fields may be the next step in all of this ( I know there are a few already, and they are hideous) and if it gets even worse than that, we might to see some of the crazy college BB court design stuff start showing up in football.

Like FIU's beach court, on a field... *cringe*

That's exactly the one I was thinking of...and the new Memphis one.

Texas A&M University Commercelion_2_0_wide-634ca74ed7956114cb71a50eec
I actually love that field design, I have seen it before. This logo works with it. But teams like Central Arkansas with the grey and purple turf are horrendous.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me thinks this trend of a million alternate looks could die out at some point and schools would go back to simple, clean designs, with maybe only 1 alternate.

I disagree. Uniforms are too ingrained as a recruiting tool to go back to the old days now. And even though this trend has produced its fair share of eyesores, I greatly prefer seeing how designers push the envelope at the college level to the current fad of lazily bringing back boring "retro" looks in the pros.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Part of me thinks this trend of a million alternate looks could die out at some point and schools would go back to simple, clean designs, with maybe only 1 alternate.

I disagree. Uniforms are too ingrained as a recruiting tool to go back to the old days now. And even though this trend has produced its fair share of eyesores, I greatly prefer seeing how designers push the envelope at the college level to the current fad of lazily bringing back boring "retro" looks in the pros.

The next trends are usually a reaction to the previous ones. But i think you're right in that it has be ome a part of CFB culture to have at least an alternate uniform. That makes it much more than a trend. It makes it a part of the graphic language of CFB. But what an alternate uniform is will probably change. Where we see 4 different jerseys and helmets now, in a couple of hears it could swing to the opposite. May e where schools have their standard look plus a pro combat style alternate. In fact i think thats where the NFL is heading now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Iowa state, ND, and that field (logo works in this case) all are great and a breath of fresh air coated to the crap we have seen this offseason and will soon see on the field! Neveda althought all taken from other unis it a nice upgrade I'd rather teams use other tens uniforms that actually looked decent rather than copy some ridiculous junk

This is just beautiful especially with the green in the set. I would love to see Notre Dame use more green within their identity in football because it would separate them from other Blue n' Gold teams. (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5)

Also they lose whenever they wear green.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is just beautiful especially with the green in the set. I would love to see Notre Dame use more green within their identity in football because it would separate them from other Blue n' Gold teams. (**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5)

Opponents and ranking when wearing green?

Opponents and ranking when wearing green?

Boston College wasn't an elite 11 let me tell you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Texas Tech looks nice. Agreed about the red, but nice simplistic design.

After seeing what South Carolina and Texas Tech have unveiled, Im looking forward to seeing whats up UA's sleeve for USF.

Kinda hoping for a satin green helmet (a la Vikes style satin)

I don't think we will be seeing anything for the Under The Lights game. If anything maybe the samething Michigan wore last time. I say this because Dave Brandon said they had nothing planed this year other then maybe something for a bowl game. I was kind of hoping we could throw a Vintage Wolvirine logo on the shoulders and call that good as an alternate but who knows I believe though that Adidas won't pass this game up and put out nothing.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Am i crazy or does anyone else think adidas is trying to copy the ducks shoulder feathers, by putting the tire tread pattern on all of their jerseys

No because Adidas's design is for ventilation. Basically Nike's chain mail mesh but in more spread out fashion while still trying to maintain the techfit look. they put in the vent zones (tire look) to make a more breathable jersey.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

New helmet for D1-AA Tennessee Tech

webPurpleHelmetSun.jpg?max_height=368&ma

They also have a white helmet and a yellow helmet they added last year

That's the team that played Oregon right? I like that helmet it's one of the best chromes that I have seen.

Yep that is them. Russell even made them new uniforms for the occasion.

Oregon+Tennessee+Tech+%282%29.jpg

Entire Georgia Tech set-

http://twitter.com/TreyKlock15/status/364146601838657537/photo/1

Southern Miss tweeted that pic calling it a sharp Russel Athletic look. The irony.

That gold jersey is terrible. The tan looking honeycomb sleeves do not match at all.
Russell should just quit.

My favorite part is how the numbers are near illegible. It takes quite a feat of over-designing to make a "3" look like a "9", but Russell's done it!

Oh, and old gold on the body, Vegas gold on the sleeves, and an athletic gold conference patch. Brilliant work.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

New helmet for D1-AA Tennessee Tech

webPurpleHelmetSun.jpg?max_height=368&ma

They also have a white helmet and a yellow helmet they added last year

That's the team that played Oregon right? I like that helmet it's one of the best chromes that I have seen.

Sharp.

They also played TCU in 2010 IIRC. I believe Mack Brown's brother, Watson, is their coach.

Archived