College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

i wouldn't be surprised to see an online petition to change them back to this if they made such a move.

There would be no online petitions....rather the campus would be flooded with angry Cajuns and Creoles, young and old, absolutely livid. Luckily I don't believe anyone in our athletic department is that that stupid.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but Brian Gundell said in order to bring the stripes down, they had to narrow the "box" for the numbers. the solution was to make the numbers taller/thinner. personally, i really like the numbers. and the stripe execution is a push for me, neither better or worse than the previous. although i am a fan of alignment and do like the stripe ends aligning with the bottom of the name plate on the back.

i think this is a great example of putting form before function. its backwards, yet if you kill those stripes then it kills the established LSU aesthetic, the "sticky" emotional part of the jersey design everyone knows and loves. theres no winning here because you have to shoe-horn a dated graphic solution into a problem it was never intended for. you dont compromise the product (uniform) just for graphic decoration, so altering the jersey in a way that makes it a lesser product (long sleeves and sloppy fit) will never be the answer. . . unless you DO change the graphic design of the uniform and create a proper solution for the modern jersey. but thats a brave, bold move that im sure LSU dosent want to have to make.

Ah, yes. We wouldn't want to "compromise" Nike's super-ninja tech... they might never win again. :rolleyes: If only LSU had the guts, they too could take the field in something as cutting edge as Oregon. The way that the Ducks have never said no to anything Phil Knight demanded of them, they must have huge nards. Handing over your entire visual identity to an outside mega-corporation... now that's brave!

you seriously think they should make a jersey that is a lesser product, just to fit some stripes on it that are, in your vision, a better aesthetic? thats not how design works man, you dont build a product around the decoration. the big picture is, theres really nothing wrong with the previous truncated stripes. or this version of it. i'll cut Nike a break for making the best jersey the sport has ever seen and compromising some details of a dated graphic that is still a fine version of the original. the jersey's intent is to allow the player to perform to the best of his ability, and to distinguish one team (and its players) from the other. not to carry on dated graphics of the "good ol days" for a nostalgic boner. we'd never improve anything with that kind of thinking. you want to put player slike Austin Collie in leather helmets too because they're "not Nike's kewl new thing"?

i dont even know where you're going with the Oregon BS you're on about. LSU is in control of their own identity. my point was that changing the visual design (removing the stripes) would cause a lot of backlash, and remove a key brand identifier. i wouldn't be surprised to see an online petition to change them back to this if they made such a move. but yea, making bold moves can pay off a lot for your brand if it goes over, Oregon being the perfect example. no one gave a :censored: about them before they came out with ghost flames on their helmets. weather or not it was Nike tyranny that did it dosent matter. the brand exploded and is now one the top places kids want to play for many reasons, but it started with a huge change in their brand and identity, taking it to places no one had before. what you think of that dosent matter; its working for them better than they could have imagined

Well that escalated quickly. I would actually think the shoulder hoops could be narrowed down so we could get a better looking font in there.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Colorado State unveiling video

I think these look pretty good -- look forward to seeing some still shots so I can examine further. I like the contrasting sleeves and the return of stripes on the pants. This design has some pizzaz, but without being over the top...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks CSU needs a round font for their uniforms so it would flow better with their helmet horns? That angled block font they use in the video reminds me a lot of the new Jags font & feels forced. The rest of the uniform is just kinda meh.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I think they look pretty good. Definitely better than the busy mess Russel had them in a couple years ago, and way better than the plain ones the wore last year.

Although, I hate that more and more teams are just ignoring TV numbers. Without TV numbers, most of these jersey seem unfinished.

jNTsTyQ.png

Just saw this on another board. Actual look at the new UCF jersey

988693_10152100938408047_440183797_n.jpg

I just dislike gold jerseys with white accents. Those white ellipses should be black, that might make them tolerable.

I just don't like that color for a primary home jersey, it is way too light. UCF looks so much better in black.

but Brian Gundell said in order to bring the stripes down, they had to narrow the "box" for the numbers. the solution was to make the numbers taller/thinner. personally, i really like the numbers. and the stripe execution is a push for me, neither better or worse than the previous. although i am a fan of alignment and do like the stripe ends aligning with the bottom of the name plate on the back.

i think this is a great example of putting form before function. its backwards, yet if you kill those stripes then it kills the established LSU aesthetic, the "sticky" emotional part of the jersey design everyone knows and loves. theres no winning here because you have to shoe-horn a dated graphic solution into a problem it was never intended for. you dont compromise the product (uniform) just for graphic decoration, so altering the jersey in a way that makes it a lesser product (long sleeves and sloppy fit) will never be the answer. . . unless you DO change the graphic design of the uniform and create a proper solution for the modern jersey. but thats a brave, bold move that im sure LSU dosent want to have to make.

Ah, yes. We wouldn't want to "compromise" Nike's super-ninja tech... they might never win again. :rolleyes: If only LSU had the guts, they too could take the field in something as cutting edge as Oregon. The way that the Ducks have never said no to anything Phil Knight demanded of them, they must have huge nards. Handing over your entire visual identity to an outside mega-corporation... now that's brave!

you seriously think they should make a jersey that is a lesser product, just to fit some stripes on it that are, in your vision, a better aesthetic? thats not how design works man, you dont build a product around the decoration...

lots of words

...what you think of that dosent matter; its working for them better than they could have imagined

What I was mostly reacting to from your original post was your condescending dismissal of LSU’s desire to keep their uniform traditions alive as a simple “lack of guts.” Surely you can see how that could come off as annoying.

UL Lafayette Ragin Cajun's new uniforms

ULLUniforms.jpg

ULHelmets.jpg

GET RID OF THE TIMES NEW ROMAN WORDMARK!!!!!

Anyways, Lousiville is a HUGE improvement and I really like the black pants.

And it bothers me that UCF has the black flywire collar, and the white trim on the side.

spacer.png

UL Lafayette Ragin Cajun's new uniforms

ULLUniforms.jpg

ULHelmets.jpg

GET RID OF THE TIMES NEW ROMAN WORDMARK!!!!!

Anyways, Lousiville is a HUGE improvement and I really like the black pants.

And it bothers me that UCF has the black flywire collar, and the white trim on the side.

It bothers me that their uniforms are just a mash up of other teams uniforms

The word marks are super inconsistent on ULL.

The Timesy-New Roman "Louisiana" script on the chest matches nothing - neither the number font nor the "Cajuns" script.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived