College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now just go back to the sleeve stripes from the 90's.

I'll never understand the love those get. They're ripoffs of the Steelers' stripes that would never work on a modern template and don't match the rest of the uniform. They have the right idea with their current sleeve stripes - they just need a grey outline or grey sleeves.

First of all, they're not a ripoff of the Steelers's stripes and anyways they predate the Steelers, but nice try. They work as well on a modern template as the current stripes do. They have historical meaning. Every element of the uniform doesn't need to match the rest of the uniform. In fact, you match every element and you get an overload of matching elements in your face (Florida Gators, for example).

They were an important big splotch of gray on a jersey for a school whose colors are scarlet and gray. You wear a red Ohio State jersey around campus now and there's no gray to be found. It's a far better, more elegant solution than gray sleeves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Iowa has been using the same pattern and the Steelers are using it on the same template the Buckeyes are now using. I preferred the old stripe pattern but the current pattern does look better on that template. I just want those huge shoulder numbers back.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Now just go back to the sleeve stripes from the 90's.

I'll never understand the love those get. They're ripoffs of the Steelers' stripes that would never work on a modern template and don't match the rest of the uniform. They have the right idea with their current sleeve stripes - they just need a grey outline or grey sleeves.

No.

Ohio_State_Howard_Cassidy_o130_large.jpg

hop11.jpg?w=468

Iowa has been using the same pattern and the Steelers are using it on the same template the Buckeyes are now using.

And it looks awful. With few exceptions, nearly half the stripe gets cut off.

Mike+Wallace+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+New+Y

Ohio State did an excellent job of adapting to modern, shorter sleeves, and their current stripes look appropriately classic. There's no reason for them to switch to a bigger, clunkier striping pattern that won't look even close to uniform across every player's jersey.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

But they didn't rip off the Steelers.

And they never applied their stripes to the sleeves the way the Steelers do (which is the worst way to do it). They always applied them the way the Browns, Lions, and Iowa does so they did look uniform across every player's jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

UNT Equipment just tweeted this:

BRfT_k4CcAAtmoT.jpg

"throwback" to be worn vs. Idaho, marking 100th anniversary of UNT's program

North Texas? Looks sweet whoever it is.

all i'm seeing is and E, a J, and a C. Yes, I know it's supposed to be some sort of bird, but that's all I get out of it.

spacer.png

Archived