College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

My alma mater, Bryant University, has switched to adidas this year. The uniforms are horrible. Our school has never used grey in anything and it just doesn't work with these uniforms.

1150184_501416576599300_1335492976_n.jpg

for reference, last year's home and away:

315919_191761947564766_1182326921_n.jpg

642_371689312905361_2011096577_n.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My alma mater, Bryant University, has switched to adidas this year. The uniforms are horrible. Our school has never used grey in anything and it just doesn't work with these uniforms.

There is something very uncomfortable about this picture.

yeah those 1's and 7's are nearly indistinguishable! :upside:

Those pants seriously look like they bought some costco sweat pants that were a little too tight. The elastic waistband doesn't help.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Those pants seriously look like they bought some costco sweat pants that were a little too tight. The elastic waistband doesn't help.

I thought it was Western Michigan at first. Overall an upgrade over last year, but thats because last year's uniforms looked terrible. Why grey? Gold, Black or White all would have been a better choice.

You mean besides the fact that adidas keeps trying to use sweatpants as football pants?

I thought it was Western Michigan at first. Overall an upgrade over last year, but thats because last year's uniforms looked terrible. Why grey? Gold, Black or White all would have been a better choice.

I actually liked the white top/black pants uniform. The home uniforms on the other hand were not a favorite of mine. Overall, I do not know if I can call it upgrade though. I guess I will have to see how they look with pads and if the helmet has changed too.

Has piping ever looked good on a football uniform?

IMHO no it has not

I usually hate piping, but i like the current falcons uniforms, and i'd be lying if i said i didn't love these, and they would still be a good look if every team in the country didn't use a variation of this uniform after these came out....

52072761_crop_650x440.jpg?1321313267

I never understood the hate for piping. Some piped uniforms looked great to me.

McGahee_2002_UF_game.jpg

DemaryiusThomas_001.jpg

s_sj2.jpg

I agree here. I always liked Miami's and Georgia Tech's were one of my favorites at that time. And when it's not too much piping like San Jose State, it works.

spacer.png

I've always thought of it as skinny striping. Hating piping in all its forms is like hating keylines in all forms.

It was popular to hate it around here so everyone followed suit. One of the countless examples of group think around here.

Lots of broad brushes around here. I simply haven't found many football uniforms with piping that I really thought held a candle to their more traditionally striped counterparts. In most cases, the applications just seemed unnecessarily tacked on.

Midway.png

Just saw this on another board. Actual look at the new UCF jersey

988693_10152100938408047_440183797_n.jpg

I just dislike gold jerseys with white accents. Those white ellipses should be black, that might make them tolerable.

I like it and having played there wearing as little black as possible is a good thing in the Orlando sun.

did you happen to play with Darin Slack?

No, he was there before me. One of the best QB's to ever wear a UCF uniform.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Just saw this on another board. Actual look at the new UCF jersey

988693_10152100938408047_440183797_n.jpg

I just dislike gold jerseys with white accents. Those white ellipses should be black, that might make them tolerable.

I like it and having played there wearing as little black as possible is a good thing in the Orlando sun.

did you happen to play with Darin Slack?

No, he was there before me. One of the best QB's to ever wear a UCF uniform.

and now one of the best QB coaches in the country. http://www.quarterbackacademy.com/ not a bad brand identity either if i say so myself :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I never understood the hate for piping. Some piped uniforms looked great to me.

DemaryiusThomas_001.jpg

the pushed foward shoulder numbers really looks funky when seen from that angle. And I agree, Georgia Tech made piping work with that set

Sure did. These uniforms looked classy and modern. Perfect progression for Tech. One of the few times they've gotten a uniform right since the Calvin era.

Archived