College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke is wearing the same uniforms for the 6th year in a row (with the new ACC patch):

1098167_10151803554485359_316066556_n.jp

(courtesy Blue Devil Nation)

While they look great, this is still a template from the late 1990s that is really heavy, with smaller rounded nameplates. (I own one, they are heavy). It doesn't match the rebrand with the block lettering and numbers that the rest of the athletic department got in summer 2011. Also, with Nike now making the Colts uniforms (pro combat), wouldn't you think they would update the template? Even when Duke got a black set in 2011, it was still the old material. Despite the win/loss record of Duke Football, we are still talking about a BCS program with a big Nike Team Sports contract that gives both basketball teams and lacrosse and pretty much every other sport all of the newest stuff.

The ACC logo needs to be moved up to be even with the Nike logo, and would look way better if it were just white letters. Also, that small "Duke" script is overkill... too much going on.

Duke is wearing the same uniforms for the 6th year in a row (with the new ACC patch):

While they look great, this is still a template from the late 1990s that is really heavy, with smaller rounded nameplates. (I own one, they are heavy). It doesn't match the rebrand with the block lettering and numbers that the rest of the athletic department got in summer 2011. Also, with Nike now making the Colts uniforms (pro combat), wouldn't you think they would update the template? Even when Duke got a black set in 2011, it was still the old material. Despite the win/loss record of Duke Football, we are still talking about a BCS program with a big Nike Team Sports contract that gives both basketball teams and lacrosse and pretty much every other sport all of the newest stuff.

it might be about the application of the stripes too. that old template makes the stripes look as good as a truncated stripe can. the PC and ELite51 template has smaller stripes (width) and pushes them to the shoulder seam, where they fall at an angle on most players, unless their tailoring fixes it, which is rare

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I actually want to see Duke model their uniform closer to the bball team's. (shameless plug)

DukeTwo.png

I like your idea, except that black should never be on the white or the blue Duke uniforms in any sport. Also, Duke changed its number font in 2011, so the 5s don't look like that any more.

Also, they aren't "Colts rip offs". Duke wore these uniforms in the 1950s and 1960s when they were a power, when it was a common uniform design. Technically they are throwbacks (plus Cutcliffe has his links to Peyton plus when he coached Eli at Ole Miss, they used the same design). The thick helmet stripe is an homage to the Duke helmets of that era.

I have never seen piping on a football uniform that ever looked good. It looks like what it is, a manufacturer's advertisment of where their seams are. It always looks bad.

Has everyone forgotten about Syracuse? IMO, they look great with the piping.

20121112_kkt_bk3_290.0_standard_352.0.jp20120908_mje_ai8_808.0_standard_352.0.jp

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just needs a nice orange alternate to go with those (and white pants, no all-orange for the love of god) and I'd be happy :P

Anyhoo, in regards to Duke I'd like to see their football jerseys go the direction of their lacrosse jerseys. Just the right amount of black to accent them and a clean design to go with them to boot.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I actually want to see Duke model their uniform closer to the bball team's. (shameless plug)

DukeTwo.png

That looks amazing. I would like that so much better than their Colts rip-offs.

Maybe you should sent this design photo to Duke athletic department. Maybe they will finally get the message that they need some changes to their uniforms.

I deleted that last sentence. I did not want to offend anybody by that comment, and besides I do think the current uniforms are good, but they could use some updating. The PC flywire design that you drew is outstanding. Maybe the university will look into it in the near future (one can only hope).

I have never seen piping on a football uniform that ever looked good. It looks like what it is, a manufacturer's advertisment of where their seams are. It always looks bad.

20121112_kkt_bk3_290.0_standard_352.0.jp20120908_mje_ai8_808.0_standard_352.0.jp

I'll have to disagree. I'm not anti-piping, but in this case the uniform would look so much cleaner without it.

The only time that I really like piping is when it becomes "Extra Thick Piping" and/or "Really Narrow Stripe Pattern," a la Crabtree-era Texas Tech:

r620-25bc23fb47feeec96372923216e61275.jp

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The ACC logo needs to be moved up to be even with the Nike logo, and would look way better if it were just white letters. Also, that small "Duke" script is overkill... too much going on.

Those are beautiful. Why change perfection?

I'll have to disagree. I'm not anti-piping, but in this case the uniform would look so much cleaner without it.

The only time that I really like piping is when it becomes "Extra Thick Piping" and/or "Really Narrow Stripe Pattern," a la Crabtree-era Texas Tech:

r620-25bc23fb47feeec96372923216e61275.jp

That looks pretty bad, like a knock off of the falcons bad

Forget the rest of the uniform, I just meant to illustrate how the piping was really more of a design element and not just a differently colored seam.

Still, those TTU all-blacks were sharp. I always liked them.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm probably late on this again:

A - I've been in the process of moving

B - I've only been on here a handful of times in the last two months

C - I can't search for specific words in threads anymore to look

It appears FAU has new uniforms...well at least new helmets. There are two navy helmets. One has the owl on both sides, one has the owl on one side with the player number on the other. Also the primary logo is no longer the owl's face, but the owl in flight:

BOGp2LwCQAAzEwP.jpg

BOGiIFSCEAIsH0i.jpg

BQq0qP2CQAEl7-l.jpg

Looks the same, but with a CUSA patch and new helmets. Last year they just made the facemask white:

ad13685ce76f0ff342d06f7d5b2bd7a5.jpeg

Here's the helmet evolution:

720116100_FAU.jpg

Florida%20FAU-Mini.jpg

FAU_Mini_Helmet.gif

ihM30X796MZup.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-07-02-at-12.43.01-AM.pn

UPDATE: There's a red and a grey option as well....(grey is not pictured). Also, red, grey, navy, and white shirts as well as pants are all options.

New-Helmet-Designs-04-16-13.jpg

......and if ANYONE has the news on the updated Florida Gators uniforms, I'd still like to see that since the photos I posted were small.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived