College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dislike when teams have different number fonts for their helmets and jerseys... IE FAU. Is it that hard to match?

yea that is strange. maybe its something in the process? its like whoever is designing the helmet never talks to the guy designing the jersey.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

FAU has one of the closest uniforms to perfection with their last set. Why in the f u ck did they ever change from this?!

fau-08-11-bluewhite-stevemitchell-3-620x

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Forget the rest of the uniform, I just meant to illustrate how the piping was really more of a design element and not just a differently colored seam.

Still, those TTU all-blacks were sharp. I always liked them.

Random piping? Well, then that's even worse than advertising a seam. And you just proved my point that piping is unnecessary and ugly. It will always be nothing but clutter and make what could be a nice looking uniform look busy and over-designed.

I dislike when teams have different number fonts for their helmets and jerseys... IE FAU. Is it that hard to match?

yea that is strange. maybe its something in the process? its like whoever is designing the helmet never talks to the guy designing the jersey.

The helmet guy likes one font, the jersey guys like another. Dumb. I could see it being a legibility issue with a helmet number being smaller, but the helmet font is more of display font and the jersey simple. I don't get it, but then again. I'm not the one designing the uniforms...

What about Alabama?

Should be even easier to match. Why don't they? Simple block letters. Why not...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Just needs a nice orange alternate to go with those (and white pants, no all-orange for the love of god) and I'd be happy :P

Anyhoo, in regards to Duke I'd like to see their football jerseys go the direction of their lacrosse jerseys. Just the right amount of black to accent them and a clean design to go with them to boot.

Current Duke lacrosse jerseys no longer have any black...but that will probably change again.

The white version was just as beautiful.

RalphNotaro100811A_001.jpg

fau-08-11-bluewhite-stevemitchell-3-620x

fau-08-11-bluewhite-stevemitchell-620x40

fau-08-11-bluewhite-stevemitchell-vert-6

fau-08-11-allwhite-robertmayer-vert-620x

fau-06-07-davidjgriffin-vert1-620x925.jp

fau-12-allblue-stevemitchell-620x383.jpg

fau-12-whiteblue-paulfrederiksen-vert-62

I agree....these were classy, and perfect for FAU. It's one of those "They got it right the first time" situations. Now it's just change for the sake of change! SMH. These new threads look almost high school.

Screen-Shot-2013-07-02-at-12.43.11-AM.pn

By the way, you can get some good uniform photos from these guys: http://uniformcritics.com/football/college/florida-gators/

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

"smokey" gray

Yeah, their dog is rather grey. I can't believe this but I actually like it. I hated their Halloween black out ones but for some reason this just seems right to me. I just wish they would of put a ever so slight splash of sky blue on it.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

"smokey" gray

Yeah, their dog is rather grey. I can't believe this but I actually like it. I hated their Halloween black out ones but for some reason this just seems right to me. I just wish they would of put a ever so slight splash of sky blue on it.

sky blue is reserved for the Lady Vols. would look misleading to have it on the fball team.

as for the charcoal alt uni...looks pretty good. i still want to see real photos of the away unis tho. my dad works on campus and saw players in the away unis yesterday going somewhere to take pics. hopefully those will surface soon.

Archived