College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The paw on the jersey sleeve is greatness.

868285.jpg

The paw on the jersey? It took me about 3 minutes to figure out what you were talking about. I'm not a fan of the so-subtle-you-barely-notice details that seem to be the new temporary rage in sports design. This is like the pointless color on color patterns that are being hidden on so many new uniforms. Why are we suddenly so afraid of a little color contrast?

Amen if the paws were green on the white & gold on the green you may be able to actually see them.

Oh but we can't let that happen now days can we.

The black uniforms are awesome especially with the chrome helmet really screams Baylor Football.

Baylor's new number font might possibly be the worst in the history of sports. There was one XFL team that came close, but I forget what they were called and the XFL was never really a sport.

Of course LIGHTS OFF loves this look, too bad they couldn't add Zubaz panels.

newsig.jpg

The paw on the jersey sleeve is greatness.

868285.jpg

The paw on the jersey? It took me about 3 minutes to figure out what you were talking about. I'm not a fan of the so-subtle-you-barely-notice details that seem to be the new temporary rage in sports design. This is like the pointless color on color patterns that are being hidden on so many new uniforms. Why are we suddenly so afraid of a little color contrast?

Because a little color contrast = people saying "Nike atrocities"

And if they do this is being too safe.

Baylor new unis. Solid new home and away sets. Love how the bear paw is built into sleeve. May need to workshop that alt a bit/ shades of black/gray/green look a bit off (plus helmet combos). Not sure about the number font either. Looks like a custom one. Anyone know if that's been used by another school?

http://www.baylorfan...display.php?f=6

BF_RN6-CEAAC1LJ.jpg

I really wish the paws were gold on the green jersey. I actually like the Home and Away uniforms, and don't mind the font THAT much. I'm going to have to see the black uniforms live before making a judgement.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like this Baylor set, huge upgrade in my opinion, I even like the number font from what I can tell. Like others have said though, I don't like that the paw is gold on the white jersey, and that black set has always been ugly, and the gold chrome helmet makes it worse.

spacer.png

Pants stripes:

2lbj23a.png

Those are awful. Either go with classic Braisher stripes, or go modern; don't try to do both. I also hate wordmarks on pants. I understand the merchandising aspect for putting them on jerseys, but nobody buys the pants, so what's the point?

spacer.png

now that we know HGI can pull off an on-field gold helmet like that (not just a show piece, but doing a whole order for a team and having them believe its good enough to hold up) it makes me really curious about the Jaguars. that black jersey actually has some hints of Jaguar design in it too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Pants stripes:

2lbj23a.png

Those are awful. Either go with classic Braisher stripes, or go modern; don't try to do both. I also hate wordmarks on pants. I understand the merchandising aspect for putting them on jerseys, but nobody buys the pants, so what's the point?

At least they didn't put them on the ass. Yes, Texas Tech, having "Guns Up" written on your ass is weird.

I'm seeing two shades of "gold" in that middle frame there...anyone else see it?

I realize those are probably two different fabrics there, but...still....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm seeing two shades of "gold" in that middle frame there...anyone else see it?

Yeah, the gold mesh is definitely lighter and less yellowish.

spacer.png

Yeah, the gold mesh is definitely lighter and less yellowish.

I'd guess they come pretty close to matching once the mesh darkens from sweat. At least I hope so.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Baylor's new numbers are completely custom, and the unis look even better in person

Are these the finished product or still a work in progress? I'd like to see the following...

1. Number font needs to be tweaked. I like they are trying to match up with the wordmark but the 2, 3, 5 look hideous.

2. TV numbers added to sleeves

3. Stripe pattern from white pants on the white helmet

I also saw a pic of the back of the black jersey. "SIC 'EM" was on the collar. Nice touch. I assume that will be on all four jerseys?

Baylor's new number font might possibly be the worst in the history of sports. There was one XFL team that came close, but I forget what they were called and the XFL was never really a sport.

Of course LIGHTS OFF loves this look, too bad they couldn't add Zubaz panels.

I assume you're thinking of the Orlando Rage. Probably the worst design choice the league made.

OrlandoRage_01.pngweek2-demons-rage.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think there's three easy fixes to the Rage's uniform:

1) Replace the lightning bolt on the helmet with a navy-yellow-navy stripe;

2) Replace the weird cave drawing helmet logo with the "R"; and

3) Replace the numeral font with something similar to what currently resides in my avatar.

I can't find any pics, but I'm almost certain the Rage also had a set of white pants. Plus, it appears they may have worn white socks with the navy pants at least once:

photo9.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived