College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois is not getting new uniforms for 2013

That's weird, I thought for sure they'd be getting new uniforms since it seemed like it was just a time issue keeping them from getting new ones this year. I wonder why they're still sticking with what they have. Out of all the teams that got modern designs back when Illinois changed last, they have to be some of the oldest still in use.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's weird, I thought for sure they'd be getting new uniforms since it seemed like it was just a time issue keeping them from getting new ones this year. I wonder why they're still sticking with what they have. Out of all the teams that got modern designs back when Illinois changed last, they have to be some of the oldest still in use.

Billy B, the reason they're not getting new uniforms this year is because it's not just the football team that they're redoing. Illinois and Nike are rebranding the whole athletic department, so it takes longer than if they were just designing new football uniforms.

Billy B, the reason they're not getting new uniforms this year is because it's not just the football team that they're redoing. Illinois and Nike are rebranding the whole athletic department, so it takes longer than if they were just designing new football uniforms.

That's a convenient excuse. TCU went through the same process and the football team got new uniforms using the new font, color, etc for the 2011 season even though the rest of the department didn't get new uniforms, etc... until the 2012-2013 academic year.

I had thought that new uniforms would be coming this year as part of the Nike rebrand. I know you can't say even if you know the exact reason, but I'd be curious to find out why they decided not to change this year. I am a big fan of wILL-INI's concept that seems to have made it's way pretty far up in the athletic department.

As far as the stuff that we've actually seen, I'm not sure what to think about the orange helmet. It seems like it has a different finish than the current helmets. I'm not sure if there actually is any difference between them, but it looks more like Virginia's orange helmets than our current ones. I'll have to see it on the field to see how the block I looks on the helmet, but an I is a pretty hard shape to make look good on its own on a helmet. Still don't like the navy facemasks on the orange helmets that they changed to a game into last season. I really like the white helmet, but would prefer to wait to see it until we get a new uniform set that matches it. It will look a little out of place with the current set.

If I had to bet, I'd say that we see that new orange helmet as the primary with the navy one being used once or twice as an alternate like last season. The white either doesn't make an appearance or they break it out once with white jerseys and pants.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

One of the "insiders" on a WVU forum I visit, claim WVU will see these as a throwback alternate at some point next season.

RackMultipart.29167.0_display_image.jpg?1261528472

I've always loved that helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm thinking this might be after step two of the Oregon helmet process (after color and pattern steps, before wings). I say this because the pattern looks similar to the Yellow Fighting Duck helmet. Otherwise - given the pattern might actually be closer to the Cincy red helmet - it's just a crap shoot of green teams.

My first thought was also that it may be a green version of the Fighting Ducks helmet as well. Who knows though, way too early to tell.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived