2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, here's what we were waiting for: Oregon Admits to Major Violations

That was obvious the minute Chip Kelly left for the NFL.

This why the NCAA is a joke. The school gets hammered, players who were not there when the violations happened get the punishment and the coach that broke the rules goes to the NFL and is never punished.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This why the NCAA is a joke. The school gets hammered, players who were not there when the violations happened get the punishment and the coach that broke the rules goes to the NFL and is never punished.

Really? lilben777 gave the Tressel example.

The Colts hired Jim Tressel as a consultant in 2011 but he did not work the first six weeks.

Goodell on the Colts' action:

"I didn’t have to get to that point. But I think it was clear that if they did not take an appropriate action then I would have taken action.”

It's about damn time Oregon finally admits it. As long as there is no postseason ban of some sort, I'll be happy. Though I don't know how "major" these violations were, so I don't know if they might deserve a postseason ban.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's about damn time Oregon finally admits it. As long as there is no postseason ban of some sort, I'll be happy. Though I don't know how "major" these violations were, so I don't know if they might deserve a postseason ban.

From what I've heard, half the document is redacted so it's difficult to tell exactly what's what.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Really? lilben777 gave the Tressel example.

The Colts hired Jim Tressel as a consultant in 2011 but he did not work the first six weeks.

Goodell on the Colts' action:

"I didn’t have to get to that point. But I think it was clear that if they did not take an appropriate action then I would have taken action.”

That is nice and all after the fact. Let's talk about the reality of the situation and the point stands: the school, future team and coaches, and fans are really the ones punished. The coaches and players involved in the dirty wash get out clean. There is no accountability.

Pete Carroll says hi.

I don't know what this means for Miami, Auburn, Oregon, or any other major school who appeals sanctions.

Report: UCF wins appeal of their one year bowl ban. They accepted all other punishments given out by the NCAA as a repeat offender, including the loss of five football scholarships, two basketball scholarships and staff reductions for both sports. They also accepted a three year "show-cause" penalty for basketball coach Donnie Jones who still kept his job throughout this.

George O'Leary asked the school president to appeal the bowl ban stating that.

To recap, in 2011, UCF was charged by the NCAA with violations in basketball and football. The charges included the following improper benefits:

Deposits totaling $500 into a bank account of a men's basketball player, who competed while ineligible during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.

• Arranging for tuition and university fees totaling more than $14,000 to be paid for a men's basketball player and men's basketball recruit.

• Providing a laptop computer to a perspective football recruit.

• Paying for transportation expenses for a perspective men's basketball recruit.

One of the prospective basketball players included Kevin Ware of Louisville and broken leg notoriety.

The then-AD, Keith Tribble lied to investigators was fired/resigned, because he was in contact to a sports agent and the agent's "runner". Tribble and Jones were following the "runner" on Twitter, and tried to get Caldwell's son, an Illinois resident, in-state tuition at UCF and a job for a potential recruit's mom*.

*- I guess the AD was so not into higher education since he came from the Orange Bowl that he did not know that he needed to stash the recruit's mom in a foundation or auxiliary job like what UNC did with the mom of Tyler Hansbrough.

The name of the new 4 team playoff will be...the "College Football Playoff". Tomorrow we'll learn the site of the first national championship game and first three semi-finals. Thursday therewill be some info on the selection committee.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm glad we FINALLY have a playoff system falling into place. However, part of me is sad that these games won't be played on campus. I want to see USC make the trip to Tuscaloosa for a first round game or Florida coming up to play Michigan in December.

Archived