I don't post concepts here anymore, but I am constantly working on them. I figured I would go ahead and let everyone see what I've been up to. So here is my college hockey thread.

I plan to take on as many teams as possible. The entire WCHA will hopefully get done, as well as most of Hockey East and some CCHA teams. Whether or not I will continue to post them here will depend upon how much interest is shown by viewers.

WCHA

Alaska Anchorage

Bemidji State

Colorado College

Denver

Michigan Tech

Minnesota

Minnesota Duluth

Minnesota State

North Dakota

Omaha

St. Cloud State

Wisconsin

Denver Pioneers

I modeled my Denver set heavily around the team's current uniforms. The same striping design is used on the home and road jerseys, though the colors are reversed on the road jersey. I created a new DU logo and wordmark from scratch. They, as well as the NOB and numbers feature a custom block font I created, basically a thicker Varsity. The alternate jersey features the new DU logo, as opposed to the arched DENVER of the home and road.

DenverHockeyUniforms1_zpsf8e20a2c.png

LIKE this post, comment, tell me your thoughts on Twitter if you follow me, whatever. I know this particular concept isn't anything groundbreaking, but I would like to know there is interest for me to post the rest of this series.

Thanks to all who view.

Also, LIKE Bmac Design on Facebook!

This is a really nice set, nice to see you doing some more concepts here. I don't know if you considered a green alternate jersey but that might look cool if done right. All in all nice job and lookng forward to more.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Alaska Anchorage Seawolves

This concept is very similar to the team's current uniforms. Contrasting shoulder yokes on the home and road jerseys, simple striping pattern, balanced colors. I created a new alternate logo, two interlocking A's, which can be found on the alternate jersey as the crest and primary jerseys as the shoulder patch.

AlaskaAnchorageHockeyUniforms1_zpsa7158669.png

Not much to say here, but I would love some feedback.

Denver reminds me very much of Boston University, if BU played in Boston College's colors.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Alaska Anchorage Seawolves

This concept is very similar to the team's current uniforms. Contrasting shoulder yokes on the home and road jerseys, simple striping pattern, balanced colors. I created a new alternate logo, two interlocking A's, which can be found on the alternate jersey as the crest and primary jerseys as the shoulder patch.

AlaskaAnchorageHockeyUniforms1_zpsa7158669.png

Not much to say here, but I would love some feedback.

I like it, but since both Alaska schools prefer to go simply by "Alaska," what about a "AlaskA" wordmark for Anchorage?

I like the alt jersey better now, but what about making the A's slightly bigger to signify the two A's in Alaksa-Anchorage? That's what I meant by a "AlaskA" wordmark.

I tried your idea, but I wasn't able to come up with something I liked enough to use. I'll keep playing around with it, but everything I came up with looked...odd.

I like the alt jersey better now, but what about making the A's slightly bigger to signify the two A's in Alaksa-Anchorage? That's what I meant by a "AlaskA" wordmark.

I tried your idea, but I wasn't able to come up with something I liked enough to use. I'll keep playing around with it, but everything I came up with looked...odd.

Ah, I see.

Either way, what you have now looks good.

Always love seeing college hockey concepts. Both of these look great. Denver is clean and straightforward, and I'm loving the color balance on the Alaska Anchorage alternate (why more teams don't use the yellow-green combination I'll never know).

Definitely looking forward to future concepts, especially Hockey East!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Technically speaking, I changed quite a lot from the Gophers' current look. Completely new striping pattern, numerals from the football jerseys, double outlined M logo, etc. Pretty simple overall design.

MinnesotaGoldenGophers_zps203298bb.png

Also note, a Heritage Series will be posted later on that includes retro-inspired jerseys for a handful of teams. So keep an eye out for that. ;)

Archived