I know this don't really relate, but in a way I suppose it might...I was watching Miracle yesterday—you know, the movie about the Miracle on Ice—and I got to wondering if, somehow, some kind of way, this edition of the USMNT could draw some inspiration from that. We all know they ain't the most talented...my question is, just like Herb Brooks skated the HELL out of them boys after that Sweden game, and utilized O'Callahan as the lightning rod to motivate and get every single last ounce of heart out of them to work as hard as they did to pull off that upset, might it be possible for something like that to occur with this team? Lord knows something needs to.

(But then...is Klinsmann akin to Brooks? My gut tells me probably not.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was—don't know how I managed to mix those two up. :blink:

(Think it's time I got some sleep...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Road to Brazil begins tonight for the USMNT in Honduras!

After that game it looks like the USMNT was in a bad car accident on the road to Brazil.

I think Honduras is extremely under rated at home. Apparently that atmosphere is beyond intimidating as a visiting player.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The Road to Brazil begins tonight for the USMNT in Honduras!

After that game it looks like the USMNT was in a bad car accident on the road to Brazil.

I think Honduras is extremely under rated at home. Apparently that atmosphere is beyond intimidating as a visiting player.

They are, and it is an absolute snakepit. Last time the USMNT made a trip to Honduras in the hex, it ended up being 3-2 to the US, and that team was miles ahead of the team that Klinsmann fielded the other day. That result came against a Honduras squad that ended up qualifying for the World Cup, and most of the players from that WC 2010 squad returned for this match. I would've been happy with a draw, so I was disappointed with a loss but it wasn't a surprise.

However, they're REALLY gonna have to get it in gear. Considering that they've got a trip to Azteca on 3/26 that could possibly leave them in a hole (and you KNOW Mexico's gonna be on high guard for that one after Jamaica went into the Azteca and embarrassed them), the 3/22 match against Costa Rica is as close to a must-win as you can get in that stage, and THAT'S gonna be a tough ask as well. Basically, Klinsmann needs to sort the :censored: out so that the road to Brazil won't be any more stressful than it's already looking like it will be.

In case most of you missed my post about the USMNT in the 2012 thread, I feel that it's worth repeating here:

On the non-MLS forefront, the US Men's National Team have released their 2014 World Cup qualifying schedule. Here's the information:

Feb. 6th: at Honduras

Mar. 22nd: versus Costa Rica

Mar. 26th: at Mexico

Jun. 7th: at Jamaica

Jun. 11th: versus Panama

Jun. 18th: versus Honduras

Sep. 6th: at Costa Rica

Sep. 10th: versus Mexico

Oct. 11th: versus Jamaica

Oct. 15th: at Panama

Note: All venues are TBD.

I still think that the Americans will finish fourth in the hexagon, with a record of 4-4-2 (W-L-D). However, I hope for a more favorable result.

Additionally, I hope RFK Stadium (or FedEx Field) hosts either the USA - Honduras match on June 18 or the USA - Jamaica match on October 11.

There's talk that the June 11 game v Panama will be in Seattle; the June 18 game v Honduras in Salt Lake; and the October 11 game v Jamaica will be in Kansas City.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, Torsten Frings was sent home from TFC camp today. According to the TFC twitter feed it was to "deal with family issues" but I've heard this one before.

I fully expect news of a contract buy out for Frings soon.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Robbie Rogers appears to come out, and then walks away from soccer.

Kudos Robbie! Whatever you choose, best of luck to you.

It's too bad that the sports world is still in a state where men like him can't do that while they're in the midst of their careers and not at the end. Well, I guess this and the negative press Chris Culliver got are positive steps.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm glad he's lifting that weight off his shoulders; I definitely understand that. But I wish he felt he could continue playing and be a positive influence on LGBT youth.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

At his age, I get the feeling he'll be back. He's probably got some gas left in the tank.

If he wants to take time off to reevaluate where he is in life, more power to him.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really enjoy the fact that at least within our American soccer community, the reaction to this has been "why are you retiring, man?" as if his coming out was really no big deal at all.

That's a really good point. I didn't even think of it like that.

Orlando City SC has announced that Brazilian investor Flávio Augusto da Silva has agreed to pay $50 million towards a Major League Soccer expansion fee on behalf of the club, plus another $30 million towards construction of a planned $95 million, 18,500-seat soccer-specific stadium in downtown Orlando.

http://www.wftv.com/news/sports/pro-sports/brazilian-business-mogul-joins-orlando-city-owners/nWRnd/

Orlando City SC has announced that Brazilian investor Flávio Augusto da Silva has agreed to pay $50 million towards a Major League Soccer expansion fee on behalf of the club, plus another $30 million towards construction of a planned $95 million, 18,500-seat soccer-specific stadium in downtown Orlando.

http://www.wftv.com/...y-owners/nWRnd/

Brazilian you say? I look forward to its scheduled completion some time in the latter half of the century.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived