DC United signs Guatemalan International and all around douchebag Carlos Ruiz.

DCUs fanbases heads simultaneously explodes.

DC United signs Guatemalan International and all around douchebag Carlos Ruiz.

DCUs fanbases heads simultaneously explodes.

I will only tolerate him if he scores more than 10 goals this year; and that's a big IF.

Well,

Torsten Frings is now retired. Looks like it's going to be another rough season here in Toronto.

I can only guess as to why he suddently retired... He doesn't want to suffer through another :censored:-y season with Toronto.

Ottawa Entertainment and Sports Group partner John Pugh has announced that Ottawa Fury FC will be the name of the city's entry in the North American Soccer League.

Downstream Design of Portland, Oregon is in the process of developing a number of team branding concepts for the franchise. Pugh said that Ottawa Fury FC will soon launch a campaign for Ottawa soccer fans that will allow them "to actually select - with Downstream's help - the official logo that our team will proudly wear for generations to come." Details of that contest will be announced in the coming weeks.

Scarves handed out at the event featured the colors Red, Black and White.

Well,

Torsten Frings is now retired. Looks like it's going to be another rough season here in Toronto.

I can only guess as to why he suddently retired... He doesn't want to suffer through another :censored:-y season with Toronto.

Well, the rumors are that TFC bought him out and offered him a cushy scouting job in Europe. Basically they threw money at him to retire. Why you'd want your best player to retire, I don't know. Payne is obsessed with creating space under the cap and he's not using it. The roster currently has 19 players and the backline looks better than it ever has (on paper) but there's not a heck of a lot in the midfield and who's going to be scoring? The only guy who can finish with consistency is Kovermans and who knows when he'll be back from injury.

Sometimes I hate that I love this team.

I'm at the Whitecaps home opener Atm. Being a Celtic fan, I was quite amused at our southsiders section singing "just can't get enough" which is a song sang at Celtic games after each goal.

"When I see you Celtic I go out of my Head,

I just can't get enough I just can't get enough,

All the things you do to me and all the things you say,

We slip & slide as we fall in love and I just cant seem to get enough of

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO"

I wonder if they'll sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the half

I think approximtely five billion clubs' supporters use that.

yeah, we sing that in Toronto too.

Also, if you just google it I'm sure you'll find plenty videos of more supporters singing that song.

Mike Magee went beast-mode in the Galaxy's home opener today, with a hat trick. 4-0 over the Fire.

But it's weird seeing a Galaxy home game at 2pm PST.

MLS fans take note: the atmosphere in Portland tonight should be in your teams' home stadia every night.

If you didn't like tonight's Portland-New Jersey match, you don't like sports.

MLS fans take note: the atmosphere in Portland tonight should be in your teams' home stadia every night.

I was amazed at the Portland fans. I have heard that they are good fans but I have never seen it before.

I have heard that they are good fans

You give them far too little credit.

How's Vancouver? Seattle and Portland were ideal expansion markets. MLS was surprisingly wise to avoid the "national footprint" nonsense and expand in a single geographic era.

I'd say Vancouver's supporters groups are maybe less rabid than the other PNW area teams, but over all, the atmosphere seems strong. Average attendance is around 20,000, and they tarp off the upper bowl of BC Place for the caps games, so capacity is 21,000.

I'm at the Whitecaps home opener Atm. Being a Celtic fan, I was quite amused at our southsiders section singing "just can't get enough" which is a song sang at Celtic games after each goal.

"When I see you Celtic I go out of my Head,

All the things you do to me and all the things you say,

We slip & slide as we fall in love and I just cant seem to get enough of

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO"

I wonder if they'll sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the half

Considering YNWA is an actually Liverpool's which Celtic jacked it is not really a Celtic song.

Btw, I always love Portland's crowd. It makes me want to root for them since I do not have an MLS team.

I have heard that they are good fans

You give them far too little credit.

Oh no. I've just heard that they are good fans. But after watching them on TV last night, IMO, they are amazing fans. I felt like I was watching a European game.