El Tri really started to look out of sorts toward the end of the half. I get the feeling that the longer this thing remains goalless, the more likely we'll see a Mexican meltdown.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man is that crowd pissed off.

The fans at Azteca are the definition of classlessness. The USSF should invest in riot shields for the players whenever they go down there.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Man is that crowd pissed off.

Unless you were sitting in the U.S. section, in which case, you were pissed on.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Jesus, throwing excrement at people is pretty :censored:ing vile, although thank god it wasn't anything life threatening. My dad told me a story about going to a Liverpool/Everton game at Anfield back when it was packed with standing room only, and after Liverpool took the lead late in the game, a bunch of Everton fans in the away supporters section began throwing potatoes stuffed with razor blades at all the Liverpool fans.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

How is this okay year after year? Throwing bags of piss at people and death threats?

Jesus, throwing excrement at people is pretty :censored:ing vile, although thank god it wasn't anything life threatening.

Yeah, I'll never understand why FIFA doesn't respond to this kind of fan violence in the same way they do racist taunts. There needs to be a line drawn and while it's clear that the Mexican federation is trying (they put a message on the scoreboard asking fans to stay silent during the Star-Spangled Banner out of respect, to no avail) but they're clearly not doing enough. No team should have to play in an environment like that and no team should be allowed to use an environment like that to their advantage.

Then again, I'm not so sure Mexico had much of an advantage near the end. I hear there were many "Fuera Chepo" chants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The laser pointer thing too. Every stoppage or if a player was standing still they had 5 green dots on their faces.

What a way to win, cause some idiot in your crowd blinded the goalie... I wouldn't stand it if the roles were reversed.

Yes I know it's happened in the US, a idiot fan of the St Louis Cardinals being one of them, but not like they do in Mexico.

It seems that Costa Rica's still whining about the U.S. snow game, protesting to FIFA now about its verdict of upholding the match.

Dead link, sir.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived