College to Pro 2013-14

Discrim

You'll notice my template looks a bit different...mainly the jersey and pants. Yeah, I decided I wanted to redo my most recent Bears third, and I'll have to check but older concepts from a fellow poster's blog caught my eye, so I traced the template he used, though I decided to keep the socks and collar from the old template sincde they've never wronged me. Since the calendar's changed from 2012 to 2013, it was time for the next chapter in the College to Pro saga. First up in the new year, Matty Ice
c2pmattryan_zpsbd427a78.png
BC: honestly, I actually like the Falcons' template. It was a bit tricky to make here though, and I'm pretty sure I :cursing:ed it up a bit here.
Falcons: yeh, looks like a Walmart jersey, I figure I'll throw that one out there so you can't say it :P

Second up, retired Titans stalwart Eddie George
c2peddiegeorge_zpsf32d050f.png
Buckeyes: I considered putting a big buckeye on the helmet and the O on the sleeves, but as you might figure, O would be mistaken for 0 too often. Thus, O on helmet, buckeye on sleeves.
Titans: Yes, you freakin canucks, I know this one looks like a slightly different Argos. My reasoning for using powder blue instead of gray, is simply because other than the T and the sword, kthe Titans don't really use silver at all. And red serves the same role on this uniform that black does on anOSU's, a very tertiary color best used sparingly.

Speak on em, and say stuff about em too. Even your two rusted Lincolns ;)

EDIT: there are way too few posts here to justify a brand new thread, so I addended it to 2013-14.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, glad you're okay with it...as I've learned with these College to Pro sets, these things happen. Granted, I often find myself knowing with certain players *coughElicough* I'm either gonna have to get somewhat creative cus the college and pro teams wear the same colors or something, but it happens.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 months later...

The prospective draftees go to a combine....I don't. I probably should. Anyways, here go Adrian Peterson...

c2padrianpeterson.png

Oklahoma: far as the helmet logo, since the Sooners have nothing comparable with the Vikings horn, it was either the regular OU helmet with a crimson mask, the stagecoach that looks good on damn near nothing, or this Bruins ripoff wagon wheel I threw together in five minutes. Wheel it was.

Vikings: yeh, kinda looks like some random Pop Warner set, but heh.

...and Randy Moss

c2prandymoss.png

I'll just tell ya I'm happy with both unis and leave it there. Even though Marshall didn't start using that particular bison until several years after Moss left, but it served my aim of replicating the Vikes' look in Marshall colors.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 3 months later...

Fitzgerald, maybe at some point. That point, however, is not today. For today....the autumn wind...is a victor. Hail to the bristling black goatee...of Charles Woodson

c2pcharleswoodson2.png

Michigan: Like I frequently say about the College to Pro idea, these things happen. The tthing in this case being that Michigan's iconic home jersey is solid navy with maize numbers. The Raiders' iconic home jersey is solid black with silver numbers. In other words, had I gone with the home looks, the jerseys would literally be identical to the real life versions. Thus, I went with the road. In this case, the maize numbers mimic the silver digits the Raiders used when they first adopted their signature uniforms. The helmet, I was initially simply gonna have a shield with just the M, but then I came across an older wolverine head.

Raiders: for once, a Woodson C2P jersey based on something he actually wore :D in this case, the whites Michigan wore from the mid 90s until the end of their association with Nike.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Seizure: yeh, I've been intermittently thinking about how to go about Russell Wilson, seeing as helmetwise, I might run into the same problem I had with AP. I figure far as he goes, I'd lean more towards doing NC State before Wisconsin, mainly as I haven't posted anything NCSU in a while. I have an idea of how I'd like to go about a college version of the Hawks' pants stripe, but we'll see.

CJ Miller: Come to think of it, I aint done anything Noles in a while either. Been wanting to do Deion though, and I might throw in a baseball set too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Took me a while to realize where the Jersey designs came from (Charles Woodson concept gave it away fo me). Now I feel stupid... ah well. Really good job!

Took me a while to realize where the Jersey designs came from (Charles Woodson concept gave it away fo me). Now I feel stupid... ah well. Really good job!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I really dig that Michigan shield mock Raiders logo.

Try Ndamukong Suh.

A Huskers/Lions swap would be cool, for sure. Partly because Detroit is such an old-school team, yet they rock modern uniforms.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

roldy54: thank ya kindly

joechicago, pianoknight: I probably will. Consider the big man in line, but I got Prime in the works.

grant1woods: MJD, most likely. Brady...one one hand, I'm an unabashed Brady hater. That said, I'm also an unabashed USC hater, yet in the earlier days of the C2P series I could barely go two threads without a set for a USC alum...so we'll see. Much as it galls me to say it, the bastard's perfect for something like this.

mr. nascar13: yeh, I usually prefer to get as close as possible to a pro version of the college design of whoever I'm doing, and vice versa, though I'll often make exceptions. The overall idea isn't all that complicated, simply swapping styles and maybe mocking up a logo that makes itself necessary.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright...apparently those funny-looking shapes on the Seahawks' pants are a Northwest native interpretation of feathers. Obviously, the next wolf or badger you'll see with its own plumage will be the first, and you can get rich off speaking engagements as Mr. or Miss Feathered Wolf/Badger Discoverer. Which is a long way of saying I needed to put something else on the pants.

How rude of me...here goes Russell Wilson. Both of him.

c2prussellwilson1.png

The NC State version, I decided to hit the archives a bit, and put an old, little-used favorite of mine to use on the helmet, a late 90s wolf pack. No true wraparound, but I'd forgive me ;). As mentioned, wolves don't exactly have feathers, but I did recall a while back, NCSU used to have pride decals that looked like wolf tails, which I mimicked for the pants stripe (not exactly, mind you, but close). As had been mentioned when RW was suggested, the Seahawks currently have one of the most out-there uniforms in the NFL. NC State and Wisconsin are usually firmly on the other extreme. I figured, though, since both of the college helmets usually bear a letter of some sort, I'd take a page out of Nike's playbook, circa 1999-2000. Thus, a modernized version of an old Nike Seahawks logo, though to be on the safe side, I made a version for the left side of the helmet. Other than the expected practice-uni vibe, let's move onto Wisconsin.

c2prussellwilson2.png

When all you have is a Bucky...on the helmet, this wound up being the best option I could think of, and in this case I achieved the wraparound. For anybody fixin to complain about how I used black on the helmet only, the Seahawks' roads don't have any gray even though it's in the logo. And in absence of a badger pawprint or something, repeated W's. For the Seahawks, I was tempted to post an all-navy set, or navy-green-navy. Sooooo tempted.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Alright...apparently those funny-looking shapes on the Seahawks' pants are a Northwest native interpretation of feathers. Obviously, the next wolf or badger you'll see with its own plumage will be the first, and you can get rich off speaking engagements as Mr. or Miss Feathered Wolf/Badger Discoverer. Which is a long way of saying I needed to put something else on the pants.

How rude of me...here goes Russell Wilson. Both of him.

c2prussellwilson1.png

The NC State version, I decided to hit the archives a bit, and put an old, little-used favorite of mine to use on the helmet, a late 90s wolf pack. No true wraparound, but I'd forgive me ;). As mentioned, wolves don't exactly have feathers, but I did recall a while back, NCSU used to have pride decals that looked like wolf tails, which I mimicked for the pants stripe (not exactly, mind you, but close). As had been mentioned when RW was suggested, the Seahawks currently have one of the most out-there uniforms in the NFL. NC State and Wisconsin are usually firmly on the other extreme. I figured, though, since both of the college helmets usually bear a letter of some sort, I'd take a page out of Nike's playbook, circa 1999-2000. Thus, a modernized version of an old Nike Seahawks logo, though to be on the safe side, I made a version for the left side of the helmet. Other than the expected practice-uni vibe, let's move onto Wisconsin.

c2prussellwilson2.png

When all you have is a Bucky...on the helmet, this wound up being the best option I could think of, and in this case I achieved the wraparound. For anybody fixin to complain about how I used black on the helmet only, the Seahawks' roads don't have any gray even though it's in the logo. And in absence of a badger pawprint or something, repeated W's. For the Seahawks, I was tempted to post an all-navy set, or navy-green-navy. Sooooo tempted.

This Badger uniform is near perfect. I'm not sold on the W-Stripe, but Wisconsin could/should rock this as an alternate. Nicely done.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 5 months later...

Been a while since the last C2P set...and this time out, we aint in Kansas no more. Air Jordy...

c2pjordynelson.png

Yeh, the pants are barely different, the helmets only slightly altered (gray mask and solid green G for the Pack, purple mask and white wildcat with thick purple outline for K-State). Hell, I just now noticed I made the Packer-style stripes way too thick on the K-State jersey. And I used a lavenderish gray instead of silver for kicks. Tough to see, but the Packers' numbers and stripes have a gold outline.

I'm gonna try to release a few more before New Year's, though I make no promises.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived