Vectorized guitar rig

WNDUP FX

Taking a page from the guitargeek.com artist diagrams (http://www.guitargee...r-setup-diagram), I decided last week to do my guitar gear in Illustrator. This is the first major vector project I've done in a while beyond logos. They aren't perfect and I'm definitely still working out the line shapes, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Below is somewhat of a step by step design look at the vectorizing of a 2001 Fender Telecaster, Traynor YCV40 tube amp and Proco Turbo Rat. Still left to tackle is a Boss Digital Delay 20 and a TC Hall of Fame reverb pedal. If all that goes well, I might even work on my two acoustic guitars.

2001 Fender Standard Telecaster with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge:

telecaster%20vector.png

telecaster%20vector1.png

telecaster%20vector3.png

telecaster%20vector4.png

telecaster%20vector5.png

Telecaster.png

good work man. on your Tele, you might want to check the path/curve on the bottom, around where the input would be. that curve looks like it could be a bit more round. maybe you have 1 too many points there?? maybe not give your pedal such a perspective, just try doing all the knobs in 1 point perspective, so its like you're seeing everything straight on.

everything works well as is, but you can push the realism further if you make use of gradients, shadows, and the blend tool. below are a few pedals ive done myself.

screenshot20130120at124.png

screenshot20130120at124.png

also, i did a guitar mockup in PS of what im going to build through Warmoth (minus the Jackson logo on the headstock) :)

guitarclose.jpg

guitarfinalh.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 3 weeks later...

It would be cool if this was made into a template for guitar designs

There are literally hundreds of templates out there. But I think what you mean is a layered Photoshop template as opposed to the blank white templates like in the early stages of his work in the first post. I am sure I have seen you convert things into photoshop templates before though?

Back on track: Do you plan to include a sort of schematic of how you link everything from guitar to pedals to amp up. From what I see so far I can't see it being complicated, but it is often a common way to display things. Below is an example.

kornsml.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The problem with templates is there are literally hundreds of pedals and thousands of different pedal combinations. I'm currently working on two of my friend's guitar rigs, but when that's done, I'd be more than willing to take requests.

The signal path? Yes, my most recent update includes the cables as well as the route the signal takes from the guitar to the amp.

guitar%20rig2.png

It would be cool if this was made into a template for guitar designs

There are literally hundreds of templates out there. But I think what you mean is a layered Photoshop template as opposed to the blank white templates like in the early stages of his work in the first post. I am sure I have seen you convert things into photoshop templates before?

I don't know how things work in vector programs but yes the layered type of thing is what I mean. I could make a psd template but I don't have time at the moment and I wouldn't have much use for it but I would be cool to see. Wndup I meant just a guitar not the whole rig

Archived