Your uniform-related beliefs

johnnysama

I believe that stirrups should be brought back to Major League Baseball. I hate how some players choose to wear baggy pants. In fact, I wonder how they don't trip over them. Stirrups/high socks are traditional in baseball, and baggy pants spit in the face of that.

20140406lbmal8077.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that stirrups should be brought back to Major League Baseball. I hate how some players choose to wear baggy pants. In fact, I wonder how they don't trip over them. Stirrups/high socks are traditional in baseball, and baggy pants spit in the face of that.

20140406lbmal8077.jpg
Those are the kind of uniforms I love. Nice, clean, and modern with a throwback feel to them.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

For baseball, all I care about is having teams wear the Ultimate Baseball Look and the Seattle Mariners: Back to the Future initiative. Nothing else interests me.

For basketball, I am sick and tired of gender nuetral uniforms. I think the 1999-00 Lakers were the first team to wear that garbage and actually win. Give me trim on the jerseys.

For baseball, all I care about is having teams wear the Ultimate Baseball Look and the Seattle Mariners: Back to the Future initiative. Nothing else interests me.

For basketball, I am sick and tired of gender nuetral uniforms. I think the 1999-00 Lakers were the first team to wear that garbage and actually win. Give me trim on the jerseys.

Wtf are you talking about, gender neutral? What does that have to do with trim?

In American football, at least two of the following must match: helmet, jersey, and pants. Either have the helmet & jersey, jersey & pants, or (my favorite) helmet & pants, or go monochrome at your will.

Pertaining to all sports, and I'm fully aware I could get some flak for this, but a good selection of uniforms and uniform combinations should be accepted and encouraged (IMO obviously). Traditional teams can have traditional uniform elements, but on a wider array of jerseys. Teams that modernized their organization can have modern uniform elements on a wide array of jerseys. Multiple uniforms (or at least more than a home and away) not only could create revenue for teams (through the sale of more replica jerseys, mini-helmets, officially liscenced equipment, etc.) but could add personality and uniqueness to a team's identity, so long as their uniforms can establish a solid look and identity unique from other teams in the league.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Those partaking in association football should:

• Only wear black boots.
  • Not have their socks pulled up over their knees in the manner of a Tokyo teenage lass.
  • Not wear gloves.

I'll let goalkeepers off that last one, let it not be said that I'm anything other than reasonable.

I would give them a pass on the gloves if it's cold. I know that the football players are considered to be primadonnas but personally I don't like feeling cold while doing sports.

I've got two personal beliefs regarding football as well.

1. A team should always try to wear their home shirts in away games. In the case of a short/sock clash I prefer when they use alternate pieces but keep the shirts unless the full kit is iconic (Liverpool or Real Madrid monochrome, Arsenal white shorts etc.)

2. In a match-rematch scenario the home team should always wear their full primary kit. However, when it comes to games on neutral turf (cup final, World Cup etc.), the so-called home team should change a piece of kit if it allows the opponent to use their primary colours.

I suppose that my rules apply to national teams better but I can't wait for the World Cup.

I'll never understand the stirrups obsession. They don't look good at all.

Absolutely agree here. I don't get it.

Stirrups are a fundamental part of the look of the baseball uniform. They were standard for seven decades. They belong.

Furthermore, socks of some kind (even without stirrups) provide at the bottom of the uniform a colour balance with the cap at the top. There is nothing that makes a baseball uniform look worse -- not bagginess, not flat-brimmed caps -- than the pajama pants and the lack of visible socks. In a better world we'd have rules about the showing of socks and the use of stirrups, and NFL-style enforcement.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

In MLB allow teams that have a light blue alternate to wear light blue pants with them.

In the NFL and NCAAF if the home team chooses white(eg. Cowboys, Dolphins, Georgia Tech, and LSU), allow the visitors to veto this choice.

Just one week during the NFL season to do the pink Breast Cancer awareness theme. All that Pink in October makes me think I'm watching flag football, unlesss Goodell has a secret agenda with all the micromanaging he's been doing to make the NFL a glorified flag football league.

In NCAAF allow just two alternate uniforms in addition to the white and color set. Also no uniforms that look like the players have been tattooed (eg Maryland's flag uniform).

No sleeved NBA jerseys; it looks too much like girls volleyball and basketball uniforms. Also I would allow teams to have a light colored alternate that could pair against a darker color (as the Spurs with their gray uniforms and the Lakers with yellow).

There are only a couple of teams that could get away with the all-powder look, in my mind: Kansas City for sure, and maybe Toronto.

Furthermore, socks of some kind (even without stirrups) provide at the bottom of the uniform a colour balance with the cap at the top.

This. It's all about adding some color without going hog wild on the main part of the jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think that the MLB should have historic teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, and Tigers (plus the Cardinals and Reds) wear flannel jerseys and green underbill hats one night, just for the nostalgic heck of it. They could wear some killer throwback uniforms.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Colored helmet with white jersey and white pants the the stupidest, ugliest look for a football team

Brown_Jim_180-220.jpg

Wrong sir

I also thought the white uniforms with red helmets that the Buffalo Bills used to wear was a good look.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived