Your uniform-related beliefs

johnnysama

While this New York Mets fan finds the team's white uniforms aesthetically pleasing, I associate The Mets with pinstripes. I wish the team would wear their traditional uniform Monday thru Saturday and reserve alternates for Sundays only.

The NFL needs a team wearing powder blue.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colored helmet with white jersey and white pants the the stupidest, ugliest look for a football team

Brown_Jim_180-220.jpg

Wrong sir

I also thought the white uniforms with red helmets that the Buffalo Bills used to wear was a good look.

That'd look better with orange pants for certain.

As far as football jerseys go, these are how I rank combos:

#1 Matching helmet & pants - The best combo possible. Love it, a true "classic."

#2 Monochrome - It needs to be used wisely (colored socks, contrasting color elements like stripes on the jerseys/pants), but overall, a good combo in my opinion.

#3 Matching jersey & pants - Something about it isn't as good as the other combos ahead of it. Still, it draws attention to the helmet, which is a good thing.

#4 Nothing matches - It can easily look like a mess, this combo requires a lot more thought to make the overall uniform look consistent.

#5 Matching helmet & jersey - I really dislike this combo, traditionalism be damned. The contrasting part of the uniform usually sticks out and draws your eyes to it...so why, instead of drawing my attention to the jersey (matching helmet & pants), the overall uniform (monochrome & nothing matches), or the helmet (matching jersey & pants), you highlight the pants? Never understood the reasoning behind that.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Majestic makes terrible baseball uniforms. No middle ground. They do a great job making grown men look like a bunch of 8 year olds wearing their dad's stuff. I hope MLB goes back to Rawlings, anybody but Majestic.

Pullovers do a great job of making grown man 8 year olds, even better the the buttoned downed jerseys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Admit it, you have a set of beliefs surrounding sports uniforms. Share them here.

----

From a practical sense, pullover jerseys in baseball make sense; the belted pants/pullover jersey combo is a nice compromise between tradition and modern.

I agree with this and I also believe that 5" cut stirrups are an integral part of a baseball uniform. Stirrups are not outdated. Hopefully the powers-that-be will work their mandatory presence into the next CBA. I find it strange that some people will refer to stirrups as "stupid" and "outdated" as I saw done in another thread, while they are okay with things that are truly archaic, the continued nonsensical presence of 19th century button-front shirts in baseball. At least they admitted that those opinions are unpopular. No other sport has it and neither should baseball. Evolve please.

At least they admitted that those opinions are unpopular. No other sport has it and neither should baseball. Evolve please.

Buttons haven't completely disappeared from other sports' uniforms (see soccer) and talking about "evolution" when demanding that players go back to wearing stirrups like they used to is quite ridiculous.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh Jesus...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Baseball caps and helmets with a white front panel are awful. Retire them NOW!!! Trucker hat territory.

White paneled hats have their place in baseball, even one of the teams you want back (the Expos) wore white paneled hats. Without them it makes the Orioles look even more like the giants, and considering they are the only current team that uses them it makes them unique and allows them to have their own signature look.

How many teams actually wear them?

BP hats don't count if they're not worn during the game itself. They are, by definition, practice uniforms only.

Archived