Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conrad.

Nola Pelicans - a Ben Barnes concept (new away + alt uni)

28 posts in this topic

I got permission from Ben to render out his Crescent City Curse uni concept with the Pelicans logos and colors. I think its quite the fit. Also, i used the elements to make a court concept to go along with it...

NOP-2013-home-uni.png

NOP-2013-away-uni.png

NOP_court.png

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

I like that "french quarter" flair you have with the pipping, especially on the shorts. I think it is has style but not overly busy where it draws attention in a bad way. Just a touch of local interest.

Overall I like the color schemes. Numbers also have a bit of style without being over-done.

All in all, I think this is a lot better then the normal NBA generic look that you find out there.

Conrad, great design but how about a NOLA alt jersey in gold or red color?

Amazing. Unfortunately I can't help but think "Pistons" with that road uniform.

Even with the detail I think it'd be a bit too similar, especially on television.

With the color balance being so blue/white-heavy on the home uniform, I honestly think you could swap the red and white on the road's side panels. I think I'd have to see it though...

That Pelicans logo is fantastic!

I didn't know it had been declared.

Looks good. One thing I might change would be the red stroke on the text on the away unis. I think gold would work better against the blue.

Is the "NEW ORLEANS PELICANS" text on the court from a font package? Or did you mock up the letters yourself?

I would say if you took your uniforms and used them with "Lights Out" court design then you two would have a winner.

Wow, great rendering. The uniform design just screams New Orleans. The only aspect that ruins it for me is the colors. I know it's the colors of the city flag, but it's not what I think of when I imagine New Orleans (a festive, lively city with a deep tradition of Jazz and blues, not boring navy and a dull shade of gold).

Very nice work Conrad.... would love to see those out on the court!

I think the "Crescent City Basketball" logo would work better on the shorts.

This is really nice. The jersey design really says New Orleans, and everything about the uniforms. The only thing I don't like is the wordmark on the back of the shorts. The court is also great.

Thanks to all for the kind words on my rendering. Props again to Ben Barnes for the initial great ideas! Here's a change to the away uni, plus an alt uni from my own creativity (inspired by the Nola Bucs unis from back in the day):

NOP-2013-away-uni-2.png

NOP-2013-alt-uni.png

I really like these! I wish these were the real uniforms! That gold alternate is superb and the updated road is perfection.