Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, The Six said:

Has this become the thread to just post whatever is in the news recently? Last I checked United and ESPN still exist and are doing fine.

If you lay-off over 100 employees, with most being anchors and reporters, you're not doing too well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyISking said:

If you lay-off over 100 employees, with most being anchors and reporters, you're not doing too well.

As annoying as I find ESPN these days, I'd have to say they're wildly successful. They still hold an enormous share of the sports programming market and are one of the most instantly recognizable brand names, despite awful programming and questionable personnel decisions. If anything kind of drives the point home of how successful the network is

• Like 1

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2017 at 10:34 PM, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

also:
St. Louis Blues (1990 - 1998)

I don't know...I hate the Blues with a burning passion, and I know that I'm in the minority with this, but the jerseys that they wore with Oates/Hull/Shanahan/Joseph in the early 90's were the best they've looked to my eyes. 

6 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

TSV 1860 Muenchen.

Former Bundesliga champion now relegated (TWICE) this year. First for losing the relegation playoff after finishing 2. Bundesliga in 16th place, and relegated further for failing to pay for the 3. Liga license.

Does that mean they're in the level as their reserve team?

I saw, I came, I left.

I've got two good ones:

The dotcom boom is full of logos of failure from tech companies that went under. When Gateway tried to rebrand and lost the cow imagery, it was all over for them. (Rebranded in '02, dead in '07)

Gateway_logo_2004.jpg

And in sports, the Cleveland Cavaliers have two great periods of success: the Daugherty/Price era and of course, today where Cleveland's economy is based on LeBron James. However, in the middle they had a terrible logo and some pretty terrible teams.

faemq40pf86689pq4z8550l5i.png

• Like 2

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

autoworldlogo.gif

Flint's attempt at a theme park back in the 1980s. Autoworld opened on July 4, 1984, then closed six months later due to poor attendance. It was closed for good in 1994, then demolished in 1997. 

• Like 2

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

• 2 weeks later...